1911Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I myself (in Florida) carry a Defender full time, usually with a second mag. The light weight shirts that are available cover it easy, and don't add to the heat.
Otherwise, I recommend the Kel-tec's, either 32 or 9mm, the ,40 is good, but the kick in that small frame is more than is needed IMO.
Pocket 9's are good, except for the gris, and the magazine's are hard to find. The Pony Pocketlite's also are great pocket guns.
The revolvers are decent, but they're bigger, less rounds, more recoil. I've seen more revolver's that simply "locked up" than I've seen Kel-tec's that've had a problem. But, I'm not a revolver guy, so I might be biased. (though, the 1889 SAA we have is cool, I'll still not buy it :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I live in Central Florida, and adjust my clothing to carry my .45ACP SS Kimber Ultra Carry in a VersaMax 2 even in summer. That said, I also have an old, single-action AMT .380 Backup in stainless. I used 85 gr. Winchester Silvertips in it for carry before I bought the UC. In its pocket holster, it looks like a wallet my back pocket. It also disappears in a tiny Uncle Mike's IWB. Extremely reliable, and still available at gun shows. AMT's line was taken over by Galena Industries (http://www.galenaindustries.com/), and they only make a DAO line now with which I'm not familiar. FWIW, a .380 is the smallest caliber I'll ever consider carrying for personal defense, but much prefer a .357 or .45ACP.

Regards,
TBob

------------------
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
- George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It gets hot and humid here, which makes carrying a "lite" gun very tempting. I have an NAA Guardian that I'm going to try this summer, but it will be riding with a Glock or something a bit more substantial. Call me paranoid, but.....

·
Registered
610 Posts
I guess I never really went for the entire "mousegun" concept. I went for a "RatGun" instead. S&W 686, 3" ported, .357 Mag. Yeah, it's heavy, yeah, it's bulky, yeah, I can conceal it. It works for me. Right now, I have a Ross belt slide that I am carrying it around in but, I have a Don Hume IWB on order. Once it gets here, the clothing can get a bit lighter.

Steve

------------------
"Not having thought what should have been thought, not having said what should have been said, not doing what should have been done, I beg thee forgive me, O Father." paraphrase from the 13th Warrior

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.