1911Forum banner

Movie Gun Mishaps

3K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Skunkabilly 
Although it was cool to see Bruce Willis blazing away with a pair of 1911s in "Last Man Standing," there were a few scenes were the numbers don't add up. For example, in one scene he definitely fires more than 16 shots without reloading (8 for each gun, given that he might have topped off each mag for a total of 7+1). The movie is set in the 1920's or early 30's, so he couldn't have used any high-capacity model that I'm aware of.

Oh geez, now I REALLY know I'm a "1911 Addict".

Originally posted by RUSSEL213:
GI45, the cool thing about last man standing is that it shows him loading up all those extra magazines, that to me was an important part of the movie.
I agree; it accounts for the massive number of rounds that he expends throughout the movie.
And during the final shoot-out scene, the film does show him changing mags several times.

Has anyone seen "brother where art thou" when the guy is shooting at the cops with the thombson sub machine gun and he shoots about 5 rounds and racks the slide for some reason then shoots some more and does it again.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought that maybe the gun was jammed & that he was clearing the chamber, but having never fired a Thompson before, I could be wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.