1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the movie 100 Rifles on Encore yesterday and one of the Mexican commanders was using a large semiauto that may have been a 1911 knockoff. It was nickel plated, but the really unusual feature was that it appeared to have cocking serrations only on the front end of the slide, none on the back. Any idea what this thing was?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Gah! I wanted to watch this movie last night but my GF wanted to get frisky. I couldn't say no! :biglaugh:

Hopefully it'll be on again soon.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I didn't get a good look but they appeared to be 1911s. He wore 2 in a double holster rig and ivory or pearl looking grips.

Did you see when he lined up three Indians chest to back and killed all three with one shot!! Wasn't that Ricardo Maltibomb (sp)..?

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Could the pistol(s) have been either a Colt 1903 Military or Civilian semi-auto in .38 ACP or a 1905 Colt in .45. Browning and Colt moved the cocking serrations from the front to the back and from the back to the front at different times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.