1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All, I have a Watch Six Dual Talon question

I bought a Alessi WSDT holster used and it arrived this afternoon. It's in great shape but I have a few questions and hope someone can answer.

1) It seems to be molded for the standard Colt non extended safety. Will this be a problem if I try to use an extended safety with it? I don't want it getting knocked off on accident. Also, if there a good way to "mold" it for the extended safety?

2) The Talon clips seem too small for a belt. There isn't much room between the holster and the clips. Will my pants and 1.5" belt stress the clips too much? Is it meant only to clear the pants?

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bullitt5172 said:
I bought a Alessi WSDT holster used and it arrived this afternoon. It's in great shape but I have a few questions and hope someone can answer.

1) It seems to be molded for the standard Colt non extended safety. Will this be a problem if I try to use an extended safety with it? I don't want it getting knocked off on accident. Also, if there a good way to "mold" it for the extended safety?

2) The Talon clips seem too small for a belt. There isn't much room between the holster and the clips. Will my pants and 1.5" belt stress the clips too much? Is it meant only to clear the pants?

Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan, All our 1911 pistols at the shop have extended safeties, except for one,,, a Gold Cup. It's possible that holster could have been ordered for a Colt Gold Cup, and that's why the safety would appear to be the standard Colt safety. It shouldn't be a problem though. You can put your gun in the holster and press the leather down around the thumb safety with your thumbs. If you want, you can dampen that area with warm water to make it easier to form the leather.
Lou

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bryan, Almost forgot. Those Talon clips are designed to be attached to the pants, and the belt run over the top of the clips. If you are using a thin store bought belt, the clips will work over the belt.
By the way, those clips are guaranteed for life.. My life :biglaugh:
Thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent, thank you very much for the response. Please keep up the excellent work.

Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.