1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to this list, but have been reading a lot here and have found some very useful info! =) I was wondering if you all don't mind discussing this topic of chich lube people prefer. I know that most times, it's just a matter of personal preference, but nonetheless, I'd like your thoughts.

I've been using only mpro7 stuff -- cleaner and lube. The cleaning solution is excellent, and will use this stuff forever. I am also very happy with the oil, but came across a couple articles about militec-1.

Has anyone here had a good track record with the militec-1 product? I haven't tried this yet, but the "molecular bonding" statement sounded like it would work even better than conventional lubes. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance, for your time...

-dave

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I personally have not tried the Miltech but have heard lots of good comments about it. Even Les Baer uses it on their guns when delivering to distributors. They also recommends not to clean the guns during the break-in period (the 1st 3-500 rounds) so the guns could smooth itself out. That's how good it is.

Right now I'm still using Duralube which came in a package of Duralube engine oil. I still have 2 bottles left and it could be a while before I try something else.

(I don't know why I had no luck searching in the archive.)

[This message has been edited by Wit (edited 05-04-2001).]

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hey zen13, welcome. I've had no personal experience with either brand mentioned, but I figure dipping a pistol in Crisco oil would probably work...

For Wit... last I heard, the Baers ship with Break Free CLP and Tetra Grease. The stainless models also have the "special secret ingredient" that is to be left for the first 300-500 rounds. If Baers now ship soaked in Militec, it's knews to me.

------------------
Rust never sleeps

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Havoc, you may be right. I tried to search in the archive to confirm my memory, but no success.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've used both mpro-7 lube and militec-1. the mpro-7 is too thin, and tends to run all over the gun. militec is alot thicker, but tends to gum up after a few hundred rounds. I now use kel lube, sold by neal keller,it goes on thick, and stays put, it doesn't gumup like militec, and it doesn't burn off the barrel like some lubes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, for your input! =) Also, thank you Wit and Havoc, for your welcome messages.

Supercomp, thanks for chiming in and letting me know about kel lube. I've done a search for kel lube (Neal Keller), but couldn't find a website for him or his product. Does he deal commercially? If not, then I guess duralube or criso it it...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
zen 13, sinclair international(you know the bench rest guys)sell kel lube, and neal keller's gunsmithing shop is called kustom ballistics, I think he has a web site, if not he advertises in amercian handgunner.

·
Registered
213 Posts
supercomp,
Im not sure how many rounds you put through your weapon when the militec started gumming up but when I go shooting with my duty weapon, I put quite a few rounds down range with ZERO gumming.

------------------
kanak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts