1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs. Live2Ride got a really nice CQB Compact 9mm from my dad for Christmas. Unfortunately, this was purchased before we found out there was going to be another addition to the Live2Ride family, so she won't be able to shoot it for another 9 months. Since it's going to be a carry gun, it needs to be tested with defense ammo. I guess that means I'll have to do all the really hard work of doing that testing for her. :) Next on the list will be getting her a new holster to go with it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
She sure did! Congrats on all levels! That's a pretty gun.

·
Premium Member
13,947 Posts
L2R, Congratulations on the Child - the best news of all!!!

And that gun looks sweet also...

Good shooting!

CA

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hey, sometimes you have to just "bow up" and sacrifice yourself!.......
Congrats on the new addition to your family!!!
Pretty nice pistol, also!!
:)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congratulations on having a child. it is a gift from god, truly. Does not mean I will not punished said gift as I see fit.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Congrats from five time grandpa. Sweet looking pistol. I much prefer the bushingless look.

·
Registered
12,458 Posts
Makes a nice Christmas story ... a smile on everyone's face!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mrs. Live2Ride got a really nice CQB Compact 9mm from my dad for Christmas. Unfortunately, this was purchased before we found out there was going to be another addition to the Live2Ride family, so she won't be able to shoot it for another 9 months. Since it's going to be a carry gun, it needs to be tested with defense ammo. I guess that means I'll have to do all the really hard work of doing that testing for her. :) Next on the list will be getting her a new holster to go with it.

Congrats!! You are a true gentlemen to test out that side arm for her. Great looking pistol.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
On the contrary Live2Ride, you should be waiting hand and foot on the new mother. Each hour of your day should be spent seeing to her needs. Be like Joseph who gave up his life for Mary. Be the sacrificial human in your house ........ and send me the CQB Compact and I will break it in for you ....... :rofl:

Congrats on the new little one ... and I mean the child. My 19 year old daughter wrote me a letter from college the other day about the time we spent together in karate, kayaking, basketball, band and shooting that makes my life worthwhile. Time goes quickly. Savor every minute. It all goes too quickly. ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,990 Posts
Congrats on the new child, from a 7 time grandpa (8th is due in April). Mrs. Live2Ride is going to be very happy with that Christmas present.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Where can I get a pair of those shooting glasses with the pink earpieces? They are too cool!

But seriously; congratulations on both additions to your family. The WC pictured is outstanding, but not as awesome as what you'll be holding in your arms a few months down the line :~}

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Congratulations, L2R. I'm sure your wife will enjoy it when she can get her hands on it.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Congratulations L2R. Couldn't be happier for you and Mrs. L2R. Tip of the hat to all the Grandparents here as well.

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Mrs. Live2Ride got a really nice CQB Compact 9mm from my dad for Christmas.
Wow, Mr. Live2Ride Senior seriously set the gift-giving bar very high for next year.:biglaugh: Of course, let's not downplay your sacrifice to break it in for her either.:D

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Unfortunately, this was purchased before we found out there was going to be another addition to the Live2Ride family, so she won't be able to shoot it for another 9 months. .

Congrats....but,

Why can't she shoot for 9 months....No hearing protection for the unborn? :confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on both additions! That's a sweet looking shooter.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts