1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought I read the Warriors had MIM MSH's. I will have to take a look. I was thinking of adding a Kimber magwell/MSH combo, but I decided to wait to get the gun first and see how I like it before I drop the cash.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How about the MSH on the Compact CDP?:scratch:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Plastic MSHs

I have a Pro-Carry CDP and an Ultra-Carry CDP, both my MSHs are plastic. Therefore, I'm almost certain that the Compact CDP MSH would be plastic also.

Best regards.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like I'll be changing a MSH in the near future then.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
They're not plastic, they're polymer! :cool:

Not a thing wrong with them and they're a couple onces lighter than steel.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
710 Posts
I agree. Especially on a carry gun, the MSH should be polymer because of the weight. I ordered a steel MSH as a replacement and man, those things are heavy.

·
Registered
698 Posts
halvey said:
I agree. Especially on a carry gun, the MSH should be polymer because of the weight. I ordered a steel MSH as a replacement and man, those things are heavy.
I hope this is a joke.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I've accidentally managed to replace the MSH on two of my favorite 1911's - a Para Tac-Four and a Kimber Compact Custom - with steel.

Definite increase in weight, but they both use an "Officer's" length MSH, so it's not too terrible.

I was in the plastics business for more than 30 years at the former day job. There are "engineering" plastics out there that shame steels in many applications, and this is one where it probably doesn't matter at all except for the weight.

I've been having problems with the Para breaking MSH retaining pins (I think putting a real Para pin in it - no idea who's pin broke the first time - fixed that) where the metal replacement housing's inability to flex may have contributed. Go figure....

Just don't try to sell me a plastic hammer :) ....

(Yeah, I know, it's possible....)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I replaced the plastic/polymer MSH on my stainless TLE II with an arched SS MSH from S&A.

I couldn't care less about the 2 extra ounces....it's fine by me. :)

HH

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
S & A makes an aluminum MSH as well which is probably lighter that the steel one. I want to put one on my Kimber compact Alum/steel. I called about 2 months ago and they were out of stock, but glad you reminded me.

H

1 - 18 of 18 Posts