1911Forum banner

My 38 Super MilSpec

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Amegatek 
#1 ·
Finally got around to taking some decent pics of my pistolas. This is my one and only Springfield so far. I haven't even shot it yet but I am very happy with the fit and finish of this pistol. The slide to frame fit is tight, barrel to bushing fit is tight but the fit of the bushing to slide is slightly loose (not rattling loose but you don't need a bushing wrench to turn it) but hey, it's a MilSpec! I wasn't expecting steel wrench tight!:D . The trigger is around 8-9lbs as expected but I have been thinking of putting in a Cylinder and Slide "Mil Spec" style hammer/sear/disconnector/spring kit and a Casull long match solid trigger. I love the MilSpec look and don't really want to alter the appearance, I already have enough 1911's with all the bells and whistles and want to keep this one simple. What do you guys recommend for mag's? I'm thinking either CMC's or Metalforms with the base pads. I know they don't make them anymore but does anyone have any experience with the Wilson .38 Super mags? I see them pop up on the classified everyonce in awhile. I'd love to see some pics of other "stock" looking MilSpecs. fz4vgq

Didn't the max file size for pics use to be 250k?
sorry about the tiny pic, I don't have a hosting site right now.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I got a box stock Mil_Spec .38 super and I have found that the Metalform mags work just fine in it. So much so that I started a group buy a bit back just to get a better price on some more that I wanted to order. And my Mil_spec came from SA with metalforms so I seen no reason to fix something that was not broken. Is yours running fine with the mag you got with yours?

Stacey

#6 ·
Wilson is still the best Mag IMO. Although Wilson doesn't sell them anymore, Brownells does. They have an exclusive agreement with Wilson to sell the super mags. For what its worth I understand Wilson uses CMC mags in competition....go figure. I found this out at the Nats from a close friend of his.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.