1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my 4" PC 945 today range today. I've been more involved recently shooting my CCW 386 and 66 revolvers, but today I took the 945. A retired sheriff deputy, myself and another range officer put shot after shot in tight groups in the bulls-eye. The former deputy's comment was "Isn't it amazing what we can all do with a really good pistol?"

I know you folks all love your S&W 1911's, but if you get a chance give the PC 945 a whirl! Dennis

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
:rock: :rock: :rock:

SHHHHH, don't let the secret out.....

Bob

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ammo

DennisE, what are you finding is the most accurate ammo out of your 945? As I posted in the "Happy with your S&W" thread a couple of weeks ago, I haven't had great results so far. Just got back in State from a trip and plan on trying to hit the range on Sunday. I'd like to try what you're using. Not saying it's the pistol, but I just can't seem to get any where near the accuracy others seem to be getting with their 945's or what I can get with my stock Trophy. Bought another 3 magazines for it (ouch!) and really plan on trying to figure out why. If you're using handloads, I'd like to duplicate what you're loading. Thanks in advance. Shoot often, shoot safe.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
I use 200 grn LSWC over 5.1 grns of Win 231 and get great results. This load has worked very well in all my 45s.

Bob

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7-ring: Hi! Hate to say it but I do my .45 ACP range shooting with the cheapest ammo I can find, which is currently 230 grain FMJ ammo from the American Ammunition company out of Miami. Here in Utah I get it for $75/500 rounds. Dennis

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Sorry, but AMERC is crap. I'd rather use Wolf than AMERC again.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! Of course it's total crap but as long as it impacts where I point it.... Dennis

·
Registered
736 Posts
American Ammunition (not to be confused w/ Federal American Eagle) is the only brand of ammo of which I've never read or heard a good thing about...it seems to be universally disdained for a variety of reasons. I've never tried (nor do I plan to) in my 4" PC945 or any other pistol, so I can't speak from personal experience, but that's the Word Around Town.

I'm kinda surprised you'd feed an expensive, high-quality 945 stuff like that (when Blazer Brass or similar is still comparitively cheap and readily available). Seems to me that's kind of akin to going out with the prettiest girl in the neighborhood and serving her cold, moldy pizza...

But you're probably right; guess as long as it impacts where you're pointing and it's not screwing up the innards of your 945, it's doing its job adequately.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL! Truely I am a worthless pile of poop! Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts