1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I another post since closed I dropped the "F" bomb in a joking manner and I must say it was in poor taste. I'm sorry if anyone was offended and I'll remember this in my future post. It was truly meant to be funny and I guess this kind of joking isn't welcome here and I understand that now.

Thanks for listening to my apology.

Steve

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for your apology.

I frequently sit here viewing this forum with one or both of my young daughters standing beside me as I read posts. I cringe when I see foul language with them looking. As a father, I am grateful for this forum and its usually clean language posts. I actually avoid some of the other forums when my daughters are with me.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Yes the "F" word (fusion) needs to be said behind closed doors. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Thanks for the apology. And I owe you one for my reply.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your apology.

I frequently sit here viewing this forum with one or both of my young daughters standing beside me as I read posts. I cringe when I see foul language with them looking. As a father, I am grateful for this forum and its usually clean language posts. I actually avoid some of the other forums when my daughters are with me.
I totally understand and as I have a 3 year old girl that has taken a interest to my hobby I know that right now she can't read the threads with me, but one day she likely will be looking over my shoulder like your little girls and I would also shudder to think what they see. It's few good people like yourselves that are diligent about what their children see and hear. I applaud you for being a good father and I too need to be reminded that I have a potty mouth and it will backfire one day and my daughter will pick it up. Thanks for the reminder! :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
sigsteve,

Very admirable apology sir, thank you. My son and daughter (1yr & 3yr old) are always very interested in whatever Dad is doing. My daughter is very advanced and I'm sure it won't be long before she's reading over my shoulder.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Big of you to apologize. I for one really like the "family friendly" atmosphere that is in this forum. Yes, there are some innuendo's and such, but usually nothing blatant. Surprising for the number of sailors we have in here. :biglaugh:
Sarge

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for the apology. I have to admit that when I first started on this forum I too used a different taboo word. I was immediately notified and the language in my post was changed. I've been good since then and I'm pleased that this forum operates as a family-friendly place.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good man!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Steve, It takes a real man that is able to apologize when they realize they did something wrong!!
I am very glad to see this thread.
When I read your thread with the #### in it I just cringed because I do not expect to see any language like that on here.
Plus, we have some ladies on here along with some children that read about the greatest pistols know to man!!!
Way to man up!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Santa is proud of you Steve! Yep, kids do keep us on the straight and narrow don't they. Did y'all notice how this thread turned so quickly into a bashing of our resident squi...Navy personnel ?:biglaugh:
Seriously Steve Thanks it is nice to have a clean place to come home too.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Good man Steve...shows character, class and humility.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I didn't see the post, but think it's good of you to stand up and admit a mistake in judgment.

Having spent some time in the military,I've heard my share of F bombs. But I'm still taken aback when I hear a woman spit one out, (not suggesting that's your gender) or see one posted in what is normally a very "clean" forum.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Way to be,Steve!

(I had a girlfriend one time who used the word constantly!) Dang hippies!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Big of you to apologize. I for one really like the "family friendly" atmosphere that is in this forum. Yes, there are some innuendo's and such, but usually nothing blatant. Surprising for the number of sailors we have in here. :biglaugh:
Sarge
Gosh it amazes me how many Kansan's are on this DW forum! I'm a native Kansas boy born and raised in Topeka & KC (Overland Park to be exact) and I still call it home! I love Minnesota and I plan to stay here, but one never knows where the good Lord will take us! I probably will return there someday either above or below the grass. :) Rock Chalk Jayhawks!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hmm.. rough day saturday huh Jayhawker.. :D

MIZ:rock:

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Takes a real man to admit a mistake. Thanks man!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.