1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least I think so at this point - I haven't shot it yet. I own a couple of other 1911's (Kimbers) but wanted to try out something different, preferably with a firing pin block. I had read all the positive posts about the 1991A1's and was thinking of buying one. Well, this showed up at my favorite local gun store tonight and I couldn't resist.

It is a Colt 1991A1 that came from the factory with an aluminum trigger (store says Videcki), Bo-Mar sights, dovetailed front, rosewood grips and a very crisp 5 lb trigger release. Even the slide to frame fit is nice and tight, more so then either of my Kimbers. Best of all, no front cocking serrations and only $549!

It almost seems to good to be true, have any of you seen anything like this from the factory? Is it possible that this is a Videcki trigger? Either way, everything looks and feels perfect and I couldn't be happier - I have a real good feeling that it is going to shoot great. I'm going to clean & Tetra it up tonight so I can give it a try tommorrow - I can hardly wait.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Now you have a true 1911! Those grips really look nice on it. I like it. let us know how it shoots!

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

IF IT'S NOT A COLT, IT'S JUST A COMPROMISE!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very nice, Dave. Although I'm sure that your gun is a 01991LH3 made by Colt specially for Lew Horton distributors, and not a Tactical Level 1. Thought about getting one for myself awhile back but couldn't find one. Anyway, have fun with it.

P.s. $549 is a pretty good deal seeing how those retail at over $700.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick replies everybody and nice work on the ID emmo - the box says model #01991LH3. It is all cleaned and lubed now and the action feels very nice - I can hardly wait to try it out. Also thanks to Lone Wolf for the pic, it is nice to see how this gun could look. The Kimbers might be seeing more safe time in the future, although one is at EGW right now and sure to come back much improved

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Just picked up one of these in stainless with BoMars, but no adjustable trigger. I assume that it is not one of the tactical models, but still pretty slick in its own right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts