1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a little Sears 100 PSI compressor & on a Glock or a Kimber that sucker is awesome! In firing pin channels or rails I can use solvent or WD40 and then shoot it out with air. When scrubbing or filing its also great, how I ever got by I don't know....
Brooks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Brooks:

I know what you mean. The first thing that gets set up when I go to cleaning any of my guns is my compressor.

------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
Humphrey Bogart

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Harbor Freight has all those little toys that we like...Compressors, lathes, presses, blastin' cabinets...you name it...Pretty cheap too...Mostly just gettin' started stuff...Or stuff you can put in an outside building that won't matter too much...Nice things to play with...pretty handy...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Compressed air does a bankup job on blowing dry the nipples on percussion black powder guns, too.

Years ago I came across an old 5 pound car fire extinguisher. I took off the valve assembly, cleaned out the cylinder, then fitted it with some brass fittings so I could fill it with air from the gas station, or my 12 volt tire pump, then connect a trigger nozzle on it to do the blowdry. Worked pretty good, was very portable, and saved me the price of a compressor.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Oh...you GOTTA' LOVE COMPRESSED AIR!!!

...It makes everything easier...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts