1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I haven't posted for a long time, but I check out the forum a couple of times a week. I usually only post when I have a problem. Haven't had any with my CD since the extractor replacement.

Anyway.....I just wanted to rave about my CD in competition. I finally broke through the equipment ceiling today by beating two cocky shooters. One was using an STI and the other was using a tricked-out Springfield. Both of these guys scoffed and smirked when I brought my CD FS to a league match in January. One even commented, "So...is that a Llama or some other crap copy?"

I have been close to catching these two before, but today I finally did it. I am a very humble person but these two really burnt me up. My CD is still stock except for an Ed Brown extractor and walnut grips. I am over the 9k round mark. My gun has gobbled up evrything feed to it.

I am still not in love with the rear sight. I have thought of replacing it with one from CMC like Mr. Beam had. Contemplating adding an extended mag well. Here is my predicament: I don't usually fix things which are not broke. I don't really "need" these improvements as much as I "want" them.

Anyone added a mag well? If so, which brand, yadda, yadda, yadda?

take care all, good shootin', gf

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good shootin' Gunny!

I just love to hear about things like this. I guess you made 'em eat thier words. I bet they never make fun of another Daly!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Good job old boy , jolly good show , Really a few years ago I took a FEG Hi-Power to a shoot , I had fitted it with spegal grips and a factory browning thumbb safety . I took top shooter out of a whole class with my sub 200 dollar gun . There were Glocks, Sigs , Colts etc. in the shoot . Its the man behind the Gun , as long as it functions and you do your part then all is well . heck i even saw a llama outshoot a bunch of guys . Maybe we should start a " TEAM C.D. "

·
Registered
233 Posts
im really happy that you finnaly hade your day in the spot light gunny"
i have heard of simler victorys with the charles daly 1911's. even kimber is using nim parts now day's. nim parts are better than the cast parts of the daly, but not by much as far as im concern. ths CD'S are better than, most people realize. they assume too much. keep a chucking"...and show those ole' boy's how to shoot a real gun
oh i bet more shooters will start using cd's, befor long

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
People don't understand that it really isn't about the gun! Since you were shooting "some other crap copy" gun, that must mean your skills were waaaaayyyy beyond those of the fellows with the STI and tricked out Springfield. Now what does that tell you? It is fun to get revenge when what you are doing isn't spiteful!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I have to agree that the gun has almost nothing to do with any victory in action pistol shooting.

I won many events with a Brazilian slide and roto forged barrel stuck on a Colt frame while I was in an experimental mood ( I learned how to stake front sights, lower ejection port, etc). Found out several months later that the thing would barely shot 4" groups at 25 yards (that slide is now retired).

Now I've yet to even hear about a CD being inaccurate. I laughed at the poor lockup on mine, but it will shoot 1.5" at 25 yards with no problem. Right now I'm going on the theory of "If it's not broke, then don't fix it".

Mag wells are nice(I have several), but since you already have a beveled mag well I doubt if you actually "need" it. I find a beveled mag well is nearly as good, plus you can still use the factory magazines (can't do that with an aftermarket mag well).

Of course I use FLGRs on all my Colts, so I can understand that if you just "want" it, then it can be magically transformed into a "necessary" item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts