1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a week now since I've had my new Defender. Took it to the range last Friday as usual and put 100 rnds of 230 gr. Ball,reloads from the range with one failure to go to full battery,( OAL was excessive). 50 rnds of 230 gr. Hollow point, Speer Gold Dot with out one failure of any type. After the first ten rounds , I was able to keep little holes in the 9-10 ring consistently. Recoil was very managable after I realized I wasn't using my Ruger Mark 11 anymore and held on a little tighter. The grips were made for my medium to small hands. I did a few double taps and found the sights easy to aquire and kept the rounds into the paper plate. I am very pleased with this pistol and am now breaking in a High Noon pancake holster, made locally, and it seems to be working out also. Oh yeah, I bought and used a Wilson Combat mag and it works flawlessly. Thanks to all who recommended the defender to me for a CCW pistol. Funny,, it seems to weigh the same as my mustang. That I like!!

[This message has been edited by 173abn (edited 10-09-2001).]

·
Registered
703 Posts
Congratulations on your new Defender, 173abn. I will be getting mine soon. Hope it works out as well as yours.

------------------
If it wasn't for the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
yep, thats why I have 3 of them! Amazing how such a small 45 can kick so little! Congratulations on your purchase of the best dang compact 1911 style pistol you can buy at any cost! I too have several High Noon holsters. IMHO they are one of the better holsters out there. As nice as my Kramer and half the price. Think I will get me another one! Have fun!

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

IF IT'S NOT A COLT, IT'S JUST A COMPROMISE!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on the defender! It's a great gun. I carry mine in a FIST ultra thin kydex IWB holster and hardly know it's there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Defender will be done soon and I will post pictures, but heres the details, just a few things left to do..

Front and rear Novaks, completely de edged, front strap checkered 30LPI, Ed Brown 30 Lpi mainspriing housing, Eb Brown memeory groove beavertail, Ed Brown tactical safety, match trigger job 3.5 lbs using C&S Ultramatch hammer, sear and disconnector, tuned extractor and ejector, Tactical Black Teflon by RMA, all other work done by Tim Thompson of Wild West Guns in Anchorage (whose work compares favorably to ANY smith out there, and I mean any, even the ones who get all the press), what a gem!

I feel better now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts