1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 12 gauge six shooter, trigger guard acts as the under lever to rotate & cock it, loads like a Colt SAA ----

Barrel is from an I-tie auto shotgun, cylinder is a weld-up of six chambers from reject shotgun barrels. The only other gun part is the hammer from a Remington .44 perc revolver. Weighs about 9 pounds, half pound more than a Win 1897.

I hunted elephants, lions & rhinos with it. Unfortunately, I never found any on my 50 acres ----

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
Your real name would not happen to be Gyro Gearloose would it.

That is very clever. You are clearly a person of some talent. I wish that I had that kind of talent as well as creativity. Where did you get your engineering background from?

You should hook up with the Survival research laboratory people. They are always fooling around with stuff like this. And they get people in there from the Johns Hopkins applied physics lab, MIT, Sandia national laboratories, The Vandenberg jet propulsion lab. You name it.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Looks like a fun and creative gun. How, or did you, overcome the cylinder gap issue? The reason that the 'revolving rifles' that Colt and others experimented with in the 19th century failed was that the blast through the cylinder gap would burn the shooters support hand. Its sill an issue on modern revolvers; the big SW X frames have enough cylinder blast to amputate an errant finger....
I know shot shells are relatively low pressure, perhaps this isn't a concern?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts