1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes family did thier Thanksgiving dinner last night and after eating i went outside for a smoke and my wifes uncle and his son were out there discussing getting the sons wife a carry weapon and taurus was brought up when it was uncle states that they have the best warranty out there and you wont find another gun with a lifetime warranty to which i simply responded with "springfield" which was met with scoffing and "no they dont" then there was a short argument that ended with "well maybe they do but dealing with them is a pain in the ass, i wouldnt even sell SA when i had my gunshop". it seems to me that he just didnt want the city boy to prove them wrong about anything gun related -thats what they see me as since i dont hunt,ride a 4 wheeler or drive a truck. the man continued by saying that a CCW permit was a waste of money in mississippi since a game warden would just take your gun anyway :confused: and you cant carry it anywhere even with the permit (i guess he plans on getting drunk and stopping by the elementary school and college on his way to the prison post office before catching a MSU game?)

i just wanted to know what the hell this DA ******* was talking about with taurus having better CS/warranty than SA and thought you guys might be able to tell me in case there was any truth to it or not

....and i wanted to vent

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Taurus's CS sucks!!!!!!! Period....... And if the family buys that brand they better hope they dont need CS!

As for this statement they are morons!
CCW permit was a waste of money in mississippi since a game warden would just take your gun anyway and you cant carry it anywhere even with the permit.

Why the heck would the Gamewarden take your weapon unless they plan on being real Dumb*&^'s. No offence to you or your wife meant.

I drive a truck and hunt and ride 4 wheelers and agree with you they sound like real asshats.... Oh and have a Permit to carry! The only place you cant carry in MS and most any other State's are Federal buildings and maybe some schools... Check the HP station to be sure.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No offence to you or your wife meant.
none taken, my wife agrees that hes a moron and she takes her gun advice from me :) ...and i get mine from here and through extensive research

and just so you know, i wasnt implying that everyone who drives trucks, hunts and rides 4wheelers is a DA *******.i just meant thats why he thinks i dont know what im talking about

the sad part is that my reputable intel told me that he actually did own a gunshop (i wonder why he doesnt anymore ?)

i really have no idea what he was talking about with the GW. something about if it is a larger caliber than .38 they could take it from you? maybe he was talking about hunting with it? it confused me

·
Registered
466 Posts
I drive a Jetta, ride a Harley, am not a *******, but am still a dumbass. How would one explain that? :confused:

But that's like one of the guys I work with telling me that his Glock .40 with hollow points will make a bigger hole than my .45. Also with hollow points. :confused: I guess since I'm originally from "The North(TM)," I don't know anything about guns since we're too busy shoveling snow and voting for Obama to be into that.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Born and Raised in a Coal Mining Town of Pa., but now live in the city always have drove a Truck or Suv w/4x4. Have had my CCW for well over 30 years, You are correct Springer has a Hell of alot better CS and Warranty then Taurus.

Clyde

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I think the only time Game Wardens in Ky would bother your CC handguns is if you were carrying centerfires during muzzleloading and archery seasons.And of course if you was poaching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts