1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today to run some ammo through my EFS after installing a new trigger.

While I was getting my gear ready, my CD was laying on the bench in front of me. As a guy was wlaking by, he stopped and complemted me on how "nice my 1911 looked". He asked me if it was a Colt. I told him it was Charles Daly EFS. He kind of turned up his nose and said, "oh, is that one of those cheap foreign guns"? I told him that it is made in the phillipines and is not "cheap" but well priced. I told him that I am very impressed by the quality of the CD's. He said, "I only shoot real 1911's. I would never buy a crappy imitation". He then produced a very pretty stainless Colt Combat Elite .45 and said, "this is a real 1911".

Well, I just couldn't let it go there, so I asked him if he'd like to have a "little contest" to see if my "cheapy" could keep up with his "real 1911".

We ended up firing 100 rounds each. The first 50 we shot were at standard police B-52 targets for score at 15 yards. I blew the center out of the target with 4 rounds in the 9 ring and 1 in the 8 ring. He was close but had seven rounds in the 9 ring and 1 in the 8 ring. His Colt had two FTF's and my CD had none.

The next 40 rounds were at steel plates. Score was even. No FTF's for either gun.

The last 10 were shot from a rest at 15 yards. My CD shot an even 2 inch group. No FTF's. His Colt shot a 2 1/4 inch group and he had 1 FTF.

Afterward, I asked him what he thought of my cheapy now. He said, "well, it still isn't a Colt". I told him that after what I just saw, I'd bet my life on my CD anytime. I also told him that with a little work, his "real 1911" should function just fine. He packed up and left the range.

I was beaming with pride!

[This message has been edited by juvycop (edited 10-09-2001).]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for posting that. It's good to know that the CD can keep up with, and even surpass, the "big name" 1911's.

------------------
Three Blocks Long and Two Lanes Wide...

·
Registered
249 Posts
yea!!!!!!!!!!! mcole

·
Registered
285 Posts
Way to go Man . I love hearing about the Underdog beating the pants off a Snob like that . After all its not the Gun its the Person running it . Give a Snob a Sig 210 and it wont matter if he cant Shoot the stupid thing. My EFS is riding comfy on my side both on and off Duty and has yet to fail me after more than a thousand rounds . Its just now starting to get the edges polished off it and look like a well used Gun should look . Way to go Charles Daly .

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

·
Registered
287 Posts
Congrats! We all know that it is the shooter and not the pistol, but there is a certain satisfaction to smoking a "big name" gun. Damn funny to see the looks on people's faces. They wonder why they spent so much!

good shootin', gunny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts