1911Forum banner

421 - 440 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
My favorite is which ever one I bought most recently! Right now I'm loving 3" S&W's. Here is a Model10 round butt. It is currently at the Gunsmiths getting an action/trigger job. Have a Model13 3" RB on it's way here. Was after that exact model for awhile since it's the last revolver the FBI carried.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I, to my shame, have no experience with revolvers, so there is no favorite model. Can you tell me how you can start getting to know this type of weapon? I would be glad to receive recommendations.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I, to my shame, have no experience with revolvers, so there is no favorite model. Can you tell me how you can start getting to know this type of weapon? I would be glad to receive recommendations.
Look for a 4" or 6" S&W 586 or 686 and just jump into the game with both feet. Start out shooting .38 special loads in your new revolver get to know the gun, get comfortable shooting it before you shoot .357 magnum loads. Shooting a revolver is just like shooting any other weapon, sight alignment and trigger control. Concentrate on accuracy before you try to go fast, speed will come later

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently retired and wanted to get back into competitive shooting. Bought a Ruger Super GP100 9mm revolver. Then the covid hit and everything shut down. Been shooting at my backyard range and amazed how accurate this gun is. Winter time now and time to reload for springtime and hope normal will be here again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My GP-100 is my most accurate revolver. 327 Federal

·
Registered
2 Posts
my three favs in order

1961 4" Colt Pyton with rosewood grips (Org Grips stached away)
1982 Smith model 19-5
1961 Flat latch Smith Model 36

Love the Python, seen one like it in my local gun store for $2500 (I cried all the way out because I couldnt afford to buy it lol) I was wondering if you had anymore pics of it? And new where I could find those kinds of grips?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Picking a favorite revolver is like picking a favorite child, can't be done. That said two that I would be the least likely to part with. 6"29-2 that I've had for about 40 years and a 4"66-1

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
My step father has a collection of Dan Wesson revolvers his 2 switch barrels are by far my favorites. I hope to score one myself someday

421 - 440 of 471 Posts