1911Forum banner

441 - 460 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I tend to switch handguns, it depends on what clothes I’m wearing for concealed carry. I run between a 45 acp, 357 mag, 9 mm mak to a 44 mag. All my carry life the 44 has more holster time.

For the new guys n gals starting out with revolvers I started with a 357 magnum. You can shoot 38 special, 38 special +p, 357 mag ammo. Or even a 38 special is a good place to start.

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had not seen this thread before, so of course I had to go through the entire thread, and enjoyed it immensely. Since I am a 1911 lover, I have not spent enough time in the revolver threads. I see I have been missing an awesome area of the forum.

My favorite revolver has become the 1851 Colt Navy. I acquired one, and fell in love with the aesthetics, history, and the feel in ones hand. The are incredibly balanced, and shoot so very well.

I now have 7, and am always on the lookout for more.

The first 3 from the left are Second Generation Colts. The next two round barreled ones are old High Standard Commemeratives of the Confederate clones. One a Leech and Rigdon, the other a Griswold and Gunnison. The two on the right are the Italian Clones that I shoot more often. Though they all certainly get shot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Any 4 inch Smith N-frame in .45 Colt...

I currently have three. A stainless Mountain Gun, a blued Mountain Gun and a blued one that's not a Mountain Gun...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Can't always decide, but usually one of these three: A Model 25-9 6", a Model 25-9 4", or a 625-7 Mountain Gun, all .45 Colt.

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Wow ... a few that I like but probably have to conclude that my S&W “Target Masterpiece” K22 is the favorite. >150,000rds down range with it: far more than any other revolver I’ve shot.

Long about Fall of ‘07, I was at a party and shooting that K22, with two machine-guns, three semi-auto pistols also on the line. We were playing a game that involved detonating a tannerite target. When I’d blow one up, until the last one, I didn’t shoot at the next tannerite (plenty of other targets to engage). But out of all the targets, I was blowing up those engaged, generally one or two shots: BOOM!!! When I put the last one down range, came back and shot it too. BOOM!!! Everybody noticed how accurate is that revolver.

The man who brought the machine-guns and tannerite showed me his S&W m41 ...
\ -;
... it took a while for me to find one; when I did, the m41 has pretty much put the K22 out to pasture. Yet, the K22 is my favorite revolver.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I just recently traded into a three inch barrel S&W 65-6 and man is it clean! It even came with the round butt Uncle Mike’s grips. A little digging shows that it was built near my birthday back in 1998. I’ll call and confirm that sometime down the road. I’m thinking of putting this into my off duty carry rotation.

Attachments

441 - 460 of 471 Posts