1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a used Tactical Custom II for my first 1911. The serial number says its from 2007 (K212167). Its coming from a reputable local shop. Should I be concerned looking at a 6 year old used gun? The asking price is $880. Sound fair? I'm pretty set on a Kimber and the fact that its used puts it in my price range. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Age means very little if the gun was taken care of. As far as price goes, MSRP is $1317 so $880 sounds like a good deal to me assuming the gun is in good shape.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
The age is not a factor if the gun has been well maintained inside and out. The price is fine if in good condition.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You Can Only Know For Sure

Take it out and run a couple hundred rounds thru it, Then you can let us know if it was a good deal! I wouldn't be shy about asking the Dealer to Field Strip for inspection if there is no history or even if you could talk to the previous owner. A reputable shop shouldn't have any problem with that if it's a used gun. I always ask...if they won't then offer $100. Ask if they have the original box. Call Kimber with the Serial Number and find out if it has repair history.

3B

·
Banned
398 Posts
I have one

Hello
I bought a used Kimber Tactical Custom II, nice gun all around, light weight, easy to carry for a full size and a hell of a good shooter.

Check the feed ramp for damage other than that, fire a few hundred rounds through her and I'm sure you'll be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts