1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking in while I admire my NRM Colt. Sure is a pretty thang. I've had an HK USP 45 for a long time and like it but there is something about a 1911 that draws you in. John Browning is right up there with Alexander Graham Bell as far as I'm concerned.

I had some of the brown crud caked into my recoil spring plug. See the post HERE . Took me a while to get that mess cleaned up. Now she's all ready for the range.

·
Registered
315 Posts
NRM Government

Nice looking Piece! I just put money down on a NRM Government too! She is soooooo sweet! No marks or flaws. Nice and tight too. I can hardly wait to get her in my greedy little hands(but that will be in two weeks when I get my overtime check) I will post pics when she comes home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the comments. The one thing I want to replace is the trigger. It's way too long for my liking. I have small hands. I think I'll get a USGI short-checkered trigger. Any suggestions for other triggers?

·
Registered
152 Posts
How about a Videcki?

Bugs66 said:
Thanks for all the comments. The one thing I want to replace is the trigger. It's way too long for my liking. I have small hands. I think I'll get a USGI short-checkered trigger. Any suggestions for other triggers?

I hear they make great triggers, long and short, for the colt. :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also got my first Colt NRM barely two weeks ago. I'll also replace the trigger with a shorter unit and have already made the choice:

http://www.carryguns.com/showcat.php?cat=Parts

This is one gun that will never be inserted in a kydex holster for the reason stated above. Even my G19 was all scratched up ugly by kydex. I want it to wear naturally on its high points and that's why it'll be used with leather holsters only.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,067 Posts
KillitnGrillit said:
I had one just like it,be carefull,the bluing on the slide scratches very easy.I had a kydex holster that ruined the nice finish.
I would rephrase this to say: Kydex will ravage a blued finish in short order. The "fault" is with the holster, not the finish. I loaned my Delta to a friend, and he put more wear on the finish in one weekend, with a Kydex holster, than I'd been able to put on it in two years with various leather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts