1911Forum banner

My first 1911

1539 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Fabione
Hallo all
I’m new on this forum but I read a lot of threads by long ago.
Finally, I’m very proud to have at home my first USGI 1911A1.
I love and collect 1911, but in Italy it’s very difficult to find collectibles military 1911A1: just guns in really bad conditions or (presumed) mint at Rockfeller price… So, today I’m very happy… Naturally, this is not the gun of the century, just an honest RR in good condition with a friendly price…
Well, 1944 Remington Rand, # 2000XXX, I think it’s all correct except slide stop (checkered), barrel HS, correct proof marks, FJA at right place, keyes fibre grips, "G" near the disconnector hole. Others markings are correct in position and style…
Frame was probably reparkerized (I think), but finish seems similar to the original… slide is completely original, as well as the barrel.
The gun came in Italy so long ago, probably imported from an Italian officer (a present for him?) and was stocked in Italian military arsenal in Terni…
I have some doubt for trigger, thumb safety and slide stop (they are darker than the rest of parts) and the magazine, marked “B” (?)…
Thanks for your opinions
I will send a couple of pics as possible.
p.s.
excuse me for mistakes in english language…
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
110 Posts
maqroll said:

My friend, your English is miles ahead of my Italian!

Thanks for sharing your fine firearm with us.

· Registered
100 Posts
Ciao !

Mi chiamo Fabio ed abito a Civitavecchia.
Anche io frequento questo Forum da tempo ed anche io posseggo un Remington Rand SN 1330xxx del fine 1943.
Complimenti per la tua pistola, molto bella.

A presto !

Fabione

P.S. Guarda sul sito www.coolgunsite.com per vedere tutti i particolari delle M1911A1.

For US friends; I wrote a quote in Italian.

My name is Fabio and I live in Civitavecchia.
I like this Forum very much and I also own a Rem Rand SN 1330xxx of 1943.:biglaugh:
Congratulations for your pistol !:)

See you.

P.S. Visit www.coolgunsite.com to check every part of your GI 1911A1.

maqroll said:
Hallo all
I’m new on this forum but I read a lot of threads by long ago.
Finally, I’m very proud to have at home my first USGI 1911A1.
I love and collect 1911, but in Italy it’s very difficult to find collectibles military 1911A1: just guns in really bad conditions or (presumed) mint at Rockfeller price… So, today I’m very happy… Naturally, this is not the gun of the century, just an honest RR in good condition with a friendly price…
Well, 1944 Remington Rand, # 2000XXX, I think it’s all correct except slide stop (checkered), barrel HS, correct proof marks, FJA at right place, keyes fibre grips, "G" near the disconnector hole. Others markings are correct in position and style…
Frame was probably reparkerized (I think), but finish seems similar to the original… slide is completely original, as well as the barrel.
The gun came in Italy so long ago, probably imported from an Italian officer (a present for him?) and was stocked in Italian military arsenal in Terni…
I have some doubt for trigger, thumb safety and slide stop (they are darker than the rest of parts) and the magazine, marked “B” (?)…
Thanks for your opinions
I will send a couple of pics as possible.
p.s.

· Registered
267 Posts
Hello Mag and welcome to the forum.
If you need a grip just let me know and send me your address by private mail and I can send you one.
Again, Welcome!

· Registered
100 Posts
HI Maqroll

Hi Maqroll, nice to read you again.
As I wrote I live in Civitavecchia, on Thyrrenian Sea coast at about 60 km N/W Rome, about half way between Rome and Tuscan region.
As I am a firearms instructor, every saturday you can meet me at local shooting range (my GSM is 320-4839771) between 14:30 and 19:00.
You are welcome !
I own three pistol, all .45 automatics.....:biglaugh:

See you !
Fabione

maqroll said:
I’m happy do you all liked my baby (my pride and joy, however)
Dear Fabione, I’m very happy to meet an 1911’s italian lover, I live in Calabria but I come in Rome almost every week end…
I know, www.coolgunsite.com and this forum it’s great with any doubt…

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.