1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in my very first "Box of Alessi's". Here's the review:

Lou was good enough to make up a cordovan CQC/S with black shark trim. I've been thinking of going with a scabbard for my various classes instead of IWB. My TRS slides comfortably into it right out of the bag, no break-in. And I like the molded contour to the waist on the snap-wings. The shark is just enough to give it a touch of class without making the holster too bulky, balance is great and the craftsmanship is outstanding.

The black ankle rig for my .32 Seecamp is very comfortable and functional. The little pistola moves in and out with just enough retension without a snap to keep it there as I move.

Here's the kicker, a black shark pocket holster for the Seecamp. The pocket holster is a rare and particular beauty. Most people don't spend the time on a pocket holster and treat it like an afterthought in construction and appearance. This little gem is obviously a hand-made piece of art you don't find around much in pockets. There's even a nice little curve on the retention wing to mold to the thigh under the pocket. And in matte black shark, with the Seecamp black grip panels and satin steel finish, it shows even a pocket carry can look sexy.

Bottom line, two thumbs very way up on these holsters. Functionality, fit and finish, appearance--all first class.

To top it all off, dealing with Luigi is like dealing with your master gunsmith. The "three D's"--detail, dialogue and delivery--are all there. Finally, when a craftsman provides a superior product AND a matching degree of dedication to customer service and personal touch to the transaction, there is no question a permanent source of gunleather has been found. Another who seems to be in this category is Matt Del Fatti. I have a great western-style basket-weave IWB from him, courtesy of Dane Burns' referal. And I'm waiting for a matching scabbard from him soon. I'll be taking and posting pics of all these once Matt's scabbard comes in.

So now I'm a happy member of the Alessi gunleather family. Thanks go out to Luigi--you deserve the other reviews you get around this forum. It's not easy to please some of us "old school" handgun guys. And you've done it well.

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Paladin,
It's customers like you that make this job fun!
Thanks a million my friend.
Luigi

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
How's about a pic of that Seecamp pocket holster?

Thanks

------------------
BT
NRA LIFE
NAHC LIFE

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting for two identical rigs from Lou. One of a 3913 and another for a 1911. They'll both be black CQC\I's with specially cut split snap loops to fit over belt loops and come with matching mag pouches.

Needless to say, I can't wait.

And Lou is a great guy. Pleasure doing business with him (and he hasn't even gotten a dime from me yet).

I'd recommend him without any hesitation (and I don't even have one of his holsters yet).

See how that customer service thing works? Reminds you of deals that are done with a handshake.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will post pics of the rigs as soon as I can take the photos and download them. Will work on that tomorrow night during Monday Night Football--Go Giants!

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts