1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first Baer, purchased within a week after my older CQB. After all, you need something to compare to!

I dont know how many rounds have been fired through this gun...over 7k by now. The finish on the slide is very thin now.

Ok- Beautiful gun. You gotta love a blued 1911 that has hand checkering! Nice and tight, and has worked itself into a glass smooth pistol. Typical LB quality and reliability. Not a single problem I can attribute to the gun.

Good looking.

Esmarelda double diamond cocobolo grips. She's the best.

Everything OK here. Safetys work as expected. I like the LB grip safety, it feels good in my hand.

You can see through the finish on the slide now. Frame held up much better.

Throated and polished feed ramp, of course. I love them Kart barrels.

Everything was fitted nicely and the parts that should have been polished were.

And, of course, the fine 30lpi checkering on the LB!

Bit of finish wear.

Overall, this is a nice 45. My first Baer (of 4 now). To me, this is what a LB should be: blued, Bomars, 45acp, and 30lpi checkering on the front strap. Just a classy, good looking 45. Like a pretty girl in a little black dress :rock: I like the holster wear you see with leather, not the kydex stuff. Leather wear is softer looking, while Kydex looks like someone to fine sand paper to it.

This one's going back to get checkering on the rear of slide, and under the trigger guard. Also, serrations on the top of the slide and a S&A funnel.

Everyone should have a couple of really nice 45's. I suggest a PII, a CQB Elite, a Special Forces, and perhaps most importantly - a custom Colt. This will round out anyone's collection.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good lookin' older lady you got there. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I love it. I like your reviews I've read from Springfield, Wilson and Colt. This is no exception, great report.

It looks like a keeper, good to know someone previously used it, means it'll work and provide many lifetimes of use.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love it. I like your reviews I've read from Springfield, Wilson and Colt. This is no exception, great report.

It looks like a keeper, good to know someone previously used it, means it'll work and provide many lifetimes of use.
I purchased it new :)

Just a looooong time ago. For some reason, I havent kept good records on this gun...:scratch:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts