1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Haven't shot for groups yet but did function fine with my reloads. Wow so tight. I was told it was a '97. BoMar sights. 4 digit serial number. Feels like it grew out of my wrist, so ergonomic. Worn in just for me!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I don't want to rain on your parade here, but i would call Baer and run that serial number past them. I would almost bet that was sold as a frame and slide set and assembled buy someone else. There are a few telltale signs that make me suspect this. There is no flare on the port , there is no half moon cut for the windage screw on the Bomar. The hammer is the wrong style for a 97 gun and GI thumb safety is unusual as well.The beavertail has not even been blennded to the frame on the bottom either. Most of all the frontstrap checkering is not like any Baer I have ever seen it almost looks like it has a border on the side. I am not trying to badmouth you or your gun at all but I would hate to find out that you paid a premium for this gun thinking it was a Baer gun. If this gun had only one of these odd differences i would say ok maybe it got out into the wild but not with that many. Also it doesn't have any etches on it and 97 was way before the naked slide craze. Maybe I'm wrong on this and you'll find out it was ordered this way or something.I would just hate to think you got "took" on a misrepresented product. If I'm wrong I'll apologize right now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim et al:

Today I felt the most incredible sinking feeling. I had sent the serial number to Baer and it's as you said. I am in touch with the seller who obviously misrepresented this pistol to me and I don't have a solution yet.

I hope that he is an honorable and equitable man, yet one enters this type of transaction with dishonor in one's heart or it wouldn't be done.

The worst part of this is that I had saved and saved for this type of weapon and now I am stuck with a pos that I absolutely hate.

Thanks for your words. Better luck next time. And boy oh boy do I feel stupid.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Jim et al:

The worst part of this is that I had saved and saved for this type of weapon and now I am stuck with a pos that I absolutely hate.

Thanks for your words. Better luck next time. And boy oh boy do I feel stupid.
Theres nothing to feel stupid about. Sometimes we get caught up with emotion when we think we find the perfect gun at the right price and jump into it (not wanting to lose out on it). We can just learn from our mistakes and gather up the wealth of knowledge from the people on this board and apply it to further purchases. I hope the seller is a stand-up guy and it all works out for you..

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Clyde ,
sorry to hear that, I hope that it will work out for you in the end and that the seller and yourself can come to some kind of resolution that will work for you. I think single stack has it right we get emotionally caught up in the purchase of a new gun and who among us hasn't missed out on a good deal because we took that extra day to think about it. If it comes down to you keeping the gun at least from what i can tell from the pics you have a lot of good parts on it and there is probably no reason you couldn't have a nice custom project to make into a gun set up just for you. Cold comfort to you now probably because it still won't be the Baer gun you had hoped for . Good luck to you and i hope it works out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seller in denial. Me stuck with pistol. Jim sent you an email. Thanks folks for the kind words. Right now today I put a few hundred rounds downrange through my S&W and am trying to forget this debacle. Maybe it will disappear out of my safe and the money will return.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Looks like a nice pistol to me. Send it to the nice folks at alchemy and they will fix it up right for you. Then you have a pistol you could love.

Lucky

·
Registered
437 Posts
Seller in denial. Me stuck with pistol. Jim sent you an email. Thanks folks for the kind words. Right now today I put a few hundred rounds downrange through my S&W and am trying to forget this debacle. Maybe it will disappear out of my safe and the money will return.
Sorry man, I hope he comes around.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Some of you were wondering about the status of this pistol . Clyde decided to send it to us to evaluate. We looked it over and decided that while it's not a Baer per se we felt that the vast majority of the parts were Baer and that the Important parts such as bbl.fit, slide to frame fit ,action work were actually done quite well. It was decided that we would do some tweaks here and there just to bring a few areas up to snuff, Beavertail fit,polishing ,flare the port, clean up the checkering etc. We realize that it will still not be the Baer Clyde wanted but it will still look and perform like a gun he will be proud to own. I think we should be able to accomplish this without too much trouble or huge expense for him. (We have had a little experience with Baers after all ;) )

1 - 20 of 152 Posts