1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this one off of Auctionarms.com. EFS Field 1911-A1 brand new, gun and 2 mags still in the plastic, $275 plus shipping!

This thing is by far and away much nicer than the Rock Island that I just sold!! Don't get me wrong, my RIA was probably my most favorite 1911.....very accurate and reliable. But the fit and finish from the factory on this one far exceeded my expectations of the C.D.

Not to mention that all the goodies are already installed. I will change out the trigger, this one is pretty mushy. I already swapped out the extended slide lock for the OEM one that came off the RIA. New sights and a magwell/MSH combo will round it out.

Question....these look like Novak-style sights. Is that what I should use to swap out the OEM sights?

Hopefully a range report will follow soon!

·
Banned
65 Posts
Congrats on your [great priced] purchase. I don't know much about 1911 sights, sorry, can't give you advise there.
However, you may want to change the extractor. Please let us know how the range test goes. I found the supplied mags to be far better than a Wilson that I tried.....believe it or not.
Since you have a Kimber and Caspian, you can make an honest evaluation and comparison.
I've got about 900 rounds thru my EFS and love it.

Folks,
You CAN get a nice tricked-out 1911 for less than $400.
You CAN
You CAN
You CAN

Take care:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BGriffith said:
Since you have a Kimber and Caspian, you can make an honest evaluation and comparison.
Believe it or not, I use to have a Kimber Pre-Series II Stainless Gold Match. Nice pistol. After I got my Rock Island and added the things I like (beavertail, sights, etc.), I promptly sold that particular Kimber. The RIA flat outshot it!

This one feels promising.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Question....these look like Novak-style sights. Is that what I should use to swap out the OEM sights?
This same quetion came up a while back. Someone posted they actually had called Novak and were told they [Novak] did not make the sights used on the CD's. If you search this forum you shouldn't have any problem locating the thread.

Personally, I have measured the sights on my Daly, and they are an odd size. I replaced the front sight with an MMC tritum from Brownell's. It wasn't the exact dimensions I needed, but it was close enough (read "oversized") that I was able to make it work. I want to do something about the rear sight, but can't seem to find one cheap enough to take a chance on. :rolleyes:

G

·
They are not a straight drop in item, I had Novak's put on mine and it took some machining to fit them. I've since sold it and only because I do not need a full size 45. I happen to like my 2 small concealable guns, a Kahr MK40 and a SA micro mil-spec 45.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts