1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stop in my local gun shop every couple weeks to see what they have new in. Recently, they got in several guns from a retired LEO and one was this 1981 Colt Government Series 70 in excellent condition. I had to have this gun. While I have Kimber and Springfield Armory 1911s, I didn’t have any Colts. I can’t wait to take her to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2,096 Posts
only bad thing about that pistol is finding the next one. for me the finish work and markings are superior to the newer pistols. you did well to find it!

· Registered
Ruger, Colt and Les Baer 1911s. Various Glocks, P80s, no-hole S&Ws, Rugers, Mausers, some AR.
118 Posts
I love getting guns with a history, especially one where you know at least a little bit about it!
That's a fine looking gun. I both love it and hate it when there's new old gun at the store and I have to have it. If I'm lucky, it's too expensive for me.

· Registered
3,323 Posts
I stop in my local gun shop every couple weeks to see what they have new in. Recently, they got in several guns from a retired LEO and one was this 1981 Colt Government Series 70 in excellent condition. I had to have this gun. While I have Kimber and Springfield Armory 1911s, I didn’t have any Colts. I can’t wait to take her to the range.

Congratulations. Shoot it in good health.

· Registered
229 Posts
FYI
One 1911 is NEVER enough.
wife: " Do you need another gun?"
me. : " I don't need it, I WANT it.!"
Because of where I carry one of my firearms on me my wife jokes that the only thing that comes between us when we hug is my Colt.

· Premium Member
2,096 Posts
:rolleyes:

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grips from a much earlier MK IV/S'70 and aftermarket sights. Does it still have the original barrel and collet bushing? BTW, these late ones are fantastic shooters!

Thanks. Yes, it still has the original barrel and collet bushing. I took it to the range today, it shot great without any issues.

· Registered
7,131 Posts

Very nice! High profile fixed sights are a nice addition. I've only seen those smooth, silver medallion grips on a Commander from the factory, but they look good!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts