1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a gun show yesterday and I always take a look at any 1911s that I run across, because you never know. In my area it is very rare to run across a Dan Wesson at a shop or show. I also really like 10mm. So how could I pass it up :)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Great snag! I would have been a buyer as well!

·
Registered
23,173 Posts
I found one which looked almost new in a LGS in 2011 in 10mm. It even had the box, papers, mags, etc. Looked like it had not been shot. The fired case dated it to 2008.

When I bought a Ruger SR1911-10 in 2017 I took it out with the then new Ruger. I was getting better groups at 15 and 25 yards with the DW which had a much nicer trigger than the then new Ruger. Now the night sights are fading out on it but I don't plan on shooting it in the dark so I am O.K. with them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one came with the box, mags, manual and bushing wrench.

I got to put about 75 rounds through it today. It ran without a hitch. It also went through several types of ammo, Sig, S&B and some Fed JHP. So I am pretty happy as I had read that some of them 10mm had been ammo picky.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hummm...just bought my first DW last week, a Guardian in .38 Super...was so pleased have been looking these...

Bob

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love going to gun shows. Sure some things are over priced, but it seems like I always find something that I am interested in that you wouldn’t find in the local glock store. You just have to take your time and look.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Nice find! Is the barrel ramped or unsupported?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts