1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my very first post here, and would like to share my new purchase. This is nothing special but I like it. I bought a NIB Capitan Hi Power, which included a preban factory mag. I also was able to track down 4 more preban factory mags, all brand new, with two still in their boxes! I havent fired it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. My Capitan is not a collectable model, as it was made sometime between 93-95. Well, how does this package sound? Thanks!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sounds great. Congrats. Hope your experience with the HP is as sweet as mine has been.

What else do you shoot?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi RANash,

Thanks for the reply. I primarily enjoy traditional Double Action 9mm's. I'm quite partial to SIGS and Berettas. I've always been intrigued by the Hi Power, and decided it was time to take the plunge. It's a different operating system, but I feel it's time I learn a little more. I also enjoy rimfire shooting, although rather informally.
Take Care

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I forgot to ask. I have a bunch of Winchester WCC 9mm NATO at home. Is it ok to use this in the Hi Power? I noticed my mags say 9mm NATO/Luger, but I'm still not sure if it's advisable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Since you like pre-bans go to www.cdnninvestments.com and order some of the FN-made Argentine/South African 17 rounders. They work fine and only cost $20. Have a rubber pinkie extension on the bottom but other then that they basically fit flush in the gun.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome not only to the High Power brotherhood but to the single action only world, also known as the "cocked and locked" crowd.

The Winchester WCC 9mm NATO you mentioned won't hurt your High Power at all. Blast away, have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts