1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago when I started shooting again I was going to stay in 9mm, then I got a 22 to save money it was a Ruger SR22 on range trip a guy was teaching his girl to shoot his gun; I could tell was a officer size 45 she was obviously having a problem with it, to much gun. I offered him and her the SR22 and a couple of mag's, so she would not feel shooting was out of her area. She liked the SR22. He came over and offered me the 45 with two mag's. It was a Kimber Ultra Raptor Stainless, man was it pretty. Having not shot a 45 for about 20 years and then a Government 5 inch I did not know what to expect, it was great. 45 fever got me I got a cheap one then a SW E Sc then a 3" S&W Pro. great guns I kept looking at the Raptor but the price kept putting me off. Well this weekend I pulled the trigger so to say and ordered the Ultra Raptor in Nitron it should be in my hands by the end of the week I can hardly wait. My 9mm diet did not last long; I now have .32, .38sp, 357' and .45 and of course 9mm and 22LR, so much for keeping my ammo simple.

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
Well done, Danny, and welcome to the club. The Raptor is one sweet handgun!

Stay safe,
Rick

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Welcome aboard Danny. As you can see I own three Kimbers and love them all.

.45s are not always too much gun for a lady. My wife has a Smith Airweight with no exposed hammer. This meant double action only, and she struggled with the long pull. She did much better with my Sig P938 (great gun!) so I handed her my new Kimber Super Carry Ultra+. She was hesitant, so I told her it would kick a bit more and the trigger pull would be much, much less. Well, from the start she drove tacks with it. Guess who carries it now!

The bottom line is crappy triggers make for poor shooting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harley I know many ladies who love .45 but most go up, for a rank beginner lighter is better then work up. I love my Sig 938 also carried it all summer now its my BUG and I carry my S&W E 4.25 or my 3" pro. I just got a Glock 30S and I like it a lot also. I have plenty of carry guns so I trade off some. Verity is the spice of life. I take 3 or 4 to the range I don't like putting a couple of hundred rounds through the same gun.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
You bought yourself a very nice gun. It's nice to shoot different calibers at the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts