1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first Officer's model yesterday. Is the bull barrel with a thin barrel bushing the normal set-up on these? I've never seen a bull barrel & a bushing. I've only changed the grips but this will be a project gun. Here are some pics

Colt Officer's

·
Registered
867 Posts
haveblue

Thats a real nice OACP. I just got one like yours in blue and an enhanced model. She shoots great. I just got from clark custom guns a reverse recoil plug. I didnt have to modify the slide and I went with a single 24# wolf spring. I left everything else stock. I shot it in stock configuration and it did great. I want to test it out with the reverse plug and new spring. You need to change the recoil plug because they are prone to fail rendering the gun useless at the time. Great little carry gun. I would consider getting another in SS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. The reason I asked about the bull barrel is because the Officer's schematic shows a conventional set-up.

·
Registered
867 Posts
HaveBlue said:
I asked about the bull barrel is because the Officer's schematic shows a conventional set-up.
The schematic looks like a 5" gun with an enhanced slide, vs. an OACP. You excellent looking OACP is correct, it looks like Colt's used the same picture to cover other dissimilar models.

The Clark replacement reverse plug is a good idea. IIRC, the OACP barrel bushings are more fragile than the GM versions. I'm not sure if anyone offers a more robust replacement.

Good shooting!
:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
You have the Colt Officer Mark IV Series 80 enhanced model. From what I was told, this is last Officer model before it got discontinued. I got mine customized at Kings last week and I love it! I’m glad that I took the advices I received from this forum, see my previous post about discontinuing the Colt Officer model.

Since its modification, I only had the chance to shoot 20 rounds - simply to test the recoil. I’ll shoot 200+ rounds this weekend to test the accuracy, the technical and the rapid fire performances. I’ll give a range report thereafter.

Here’s a picture of my modified Officer.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
haveblue,

I dont mean to correct nonie but you do not have the enhanced model. I have an enhanced model. This is important when you buy certain pARTS. The enhanced model has slanted slide serations and a flat top on the slide, has an under cut under the trigger guard and ejection port cut as well as a duck bill grip safety. I like all the enhancements except the flat top on the slide. Some people say the enhanced model dont shoot as well as the others. i found the oacp that I have to be great. The clark reverse recoil plug is 20 bucks from clarks custom guns.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes, lougotzz is correct.

Thanks for the correction lougotzz. I didn't paid close attention to the details on the pics. I quickly browsed on the model markings and the finish then I made a ID from there :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great looking guns. Here are pictures of my XS series officers. Have fun with yours.

Dave

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Nice gun. I really need to get an OACP. I've been wanting one for a long time. Perhaps there will be one with my name on it at the gun show this weekend. :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ed Brown makes a more "robust" barrel bushing for the OACP. Also, I think you can get an EGW melt bushing for them. I have a Clark's reverse plug and Ed Brown bushing w/ a 24# Wolff spring in mine. I want to get some Novak or Heinie sights for it.
Tomcatt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts