1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer got this in last week. The distributor said they found it in the warehouse and it wasn't in the computer. I looked all weekend and could not find another P13.45 with factory stanless steel appointments (thumb safety, mag catch, slide stop, grip safety, hammer and grip screws). I can only assume that's what the Spec Ops Finish on the box means.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very cool. I may do something like that to my GI Expert as I replace various parts. I like the SS accents on the black slide and frame.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great, even if it is kinda stumpy.....

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I've had a Tac-Four for about five years now. Same gun, but as an LDA, and green!

The P13's a little odd, but surprisingly effective, IMHO, if you can stand the weight of the spare magazines.

What you've got there is a double-stack Commander. The grip frame is actually "Officer's" sized, but the floorplate on the magazine bumps the whole thing up to Commander/GM length, and the slide is Commander-length.

Since grip frame length is a top contender for concealment problems, the slightly smaller grip frame is an advantage. (The even smaller double-stackers conceal even better.)

Meantime, the P13 will carry in about any leather that's acceptable for GM or Commander sized guns - the only extra cost is the magazine carriers....

I had the opportunity to buy mine in stainless but cheaped out. Probably shouldn't have....

The "R" on the end of the serial number, and the "10 rounds" thing on the label indicate it was produced for the Clinton-era magazine restrictions that are still in force in some states. Unless your state is still enforcing that particular infringement, 13 round magazines are available, as intended....

The one magazine fully visible in your picture looks to be a 10....

(When I bought the Tac-Four, Para was shipping two 13's and one ten. The 13's were "attached" by the distributor - apparently they couldn't ship 'em in from Canada that way.)

More recent production is in the big green plastic case. Mine was in a really crappy black & white box with no provision for locking, etc. Naturally, I retaliated by buying a couple more Para's with the newer box :D....

(I've got two of the bad boxes. No idea how I got the second one....)

ENJOY!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts