1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not what you Guys think . Its not mechanical its cosmetic and very stupid to boot . While stripping my gun down after shooting it I might add I discovered that the hole that the mainspring housing retainer pin goes in that is VERY VISIBLE on the rear edge of the grips is oblong , or should I say WALLERED OUT like an overused Elk wallow , how these folks can build such a fine looking gun then screw its looks up by drilling out a hole the size of a figure eight , its almost like two holes in one , very distracting to me and very , VERY ugly . I was having the time of my life and now this is giving me a COMPLEX . I could cover it up with some grips if I could A. afford it and B. find ones that cover the mainspring hole . I have E-mailed the folks at C.D. with this concern , we'll see if they stand behind the product , Heck I would settle for a new frame at this point or one of those new guns but I dont expect to much other than a run around like everyone else these days gives me . Seems folks tell ya anything to sell you something then they turn their backs when that something is bad . I am waiting with baited breath on this one guys .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
gee whiz.

[This message has been edited by JAFO216 (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm sure CD will take it back and trade you, or at least install your parts on a new frame.

It is amazing that it got by QC, if there is a QC where the pistols are made.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I heard from Rick at KBI today in person and by E-Mail . He advised me to return my gun and has made all the arrangements to help me out . I cant complain yet with service like this . I hope the issue is soon resolved and I have a perfect gun back . I am advised that it may be two weeks , I sure hope its sooner as this was going to be my duty gun as I was impressed that much with the accuracy and reliability . PLUS I Had to borrow a GLOCK from a freind and I hate to use other folks property . Not to mention the reaming I will get if the Sheriff see's me on the range Qualifying again . Please get my gun back soon , PLEASE .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to add that today I returned to the Gunshop where I bought my C.D. . The owner and I inspected the three c.d.s on hand and all were perfect . He even got in a new stainless C.D. with the Wood checkered grips . Man that was a beauty . Hhmmmmnnn. Gotta start saving again .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My buddy wouldnt let me use his Glock and FORCED ME to use a Wilson customized Commander . Man this is hard on me . The horror of being forced to use this thing . Just call me Brear Jafo , no , please dont make me carry a Wilson gun , anything but that .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts