1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the RIA Compact I've been wanting a few weeks back, thanks to my Lovely Wife!!
I have an old (1947) Star PD that I love and was wanting to retire it, been looking at the RIAs for awhile, I love it execpt for the slidelock problem but RIA sent a new one out and have not had a chance to shoot it to see if that fixed it. Yesterday my D.M. Bullard Dual Carry arrived so I thought I would show the 2 off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Very nice and I really like the looks of that leather! Welcome to the Rockpile and please let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Very nice! I think the CS tactical will be my next one. Looks like it would make a great carry piece.

Bullard makes some excellent holsters. I've used his leather for many years with excellent results.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Very nice. CS is my favorite RIA(no joke!) over all the other RIA's I have.
Love it enough, I spent a lot of money to turn it in to something of "mine" so to speak.

I have been a royal user of Bianchi Minimalist for all my 1911 carry need(I use Serpa for range duty), and I love them.
But I have been in search of holster, which cover the muzzle.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Very nice! Now I'm jealous! Is there anything you would have done different after you got it back?
I would have went with Brailey's support reverse plug instead of conventional plug.
I'd gotten some other BTGS. RIA one don't have enough bump

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey! NICE pistol and NICE holster! Had a friend show me his new Bullard holster today (he uses it for his daily carry holster). Great leather and supper stitching. I have the Rock compact as well and I love it. Enjoy yours. Blast Away!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You sir, Are a lucky guy! You apparently Have a great Wife and an awesome New pistol! :) Welcome to the Rock Pile!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally got the RIA Compact I've been wanting a few weeks back, thanks to my Lovely Wife!!
I have an old (1947) Star PD that I love and was wanting to retire it, been looking at the RIAs for awhile, I love it execpt for the slidelock problem but RIA sent a new one out and have not had a chance to shoot it to see if that fixed it. Yesterday my D.M. Bullard Dual Carry arrived so I thought I would show the 2 off.
Could you elaborate on the slidelock issue? I am .having trouble reinstalling my slide lock pin and the slide locks up when hand cycling it back at about half way. It doesnt do this all the time. I just got this gun new and haven't even put a round through it.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Could you elaborate on the slidelock issue? I am .having trouble reinstalling my slide lock pin and the slide locks up when hand cycling it back at about half way. It doesnt do this all the time. I just got this gun new and haven't even put a round through it.
Your missing the barrel link when your inserting the pin through the frame

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got the cousin of yours just the other day and use it for my EDC. Its the Citadel Compact 1911 in 45 ACP. I have a Crimson trace grip laser and changed out the thumb safety to the extended thumb safety and put an extended mag release on mine. :rock: BTW, Welcome to our Rock Pile!!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Hey Mity2, What rear sight is that, & where can I get one? I bought a set of fusion Fiber optics recommended by RIA, but I like your rear sight FIT better. Thanks, C.
This is the exact one used. I used .156" wide "U" notch, because I used XS Big dot, which is .185" tall.
But you could get one in either .125" or .140" width "U" notch. .125" being preferred for greatest accuracy, .140" good all purpose width depending on the width of your front sight

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/fusionfirearms/the-815/Sight,-Novak-Style-"U"/Detail

Its basically a 10-8 U notch rear knock off.
Fusion one is available with Tritium, which 10-8 does not. But I don't feel 3 dots system isn't as fast as my current set up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The problem I am having is the slide will lock open with rounds still in the mag. The new one (slide lock) has some different machining than the old one, Havent had a chance to shoot it yet to see if it fixes the problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts