1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how most feel about these but I like unusual guns. Just bought my first SA and it's the Bureau model with serial number FBI XX (low 2 digit serial number). Looking forward to shooting it after my long 10 day wait!

The guy at the range who did the transfer papers couldn't find the serial number and didn't believe that it was the FBI number.

I'm excited =)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations hoser! Contact me offline and I'll give you all the history of your pistol.

------------------
Dave Williams

[This message has been edited by Dave Williams (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,
How do I contact you offline? I tried clicking on your email but it came back to me. Actually wanted your opinion and input BEFORE purchasing but didn't want to miss buying it so went with my gut and also the input on this board regarding the Professional model. Nothing but good things regarding the Pro so figured the Bureau is a no-lose situation! You did a hell of a job with these from all I've heard!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
congrats on your gun, let us know how it shoots.

also a question for dave, how has the fbi team liked this pistol, and has it held up well....

russel the cop

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, shot my Bureau model today at the range that's doing the transfer for me. Perfect! I ran about 200 rounds through it and there was not even a hint of a hic up. Accuracy was outstanding but didn't have any rests with me so it was all by hand. Was concerned about the 20 lpi because I had a Kimber before with 20 lpi that tore me up -- but this one just felt great! Two thumbs way up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey, can you post some pics of it? I'm particularly interested in closeups of the beavertail fit along with shots of the entire gun. Is the frontstrap still blocky like all the other models or is it closer to a Colt's?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not a picture poster person but once I get it back from my 10 day wait period (yes, I'm a fellow Kalifornian) maybe I can try. Probably the same front strap as others, just checkered 20 lpi.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, picked up my Bureau model today and shot it again. This time with a Millet pistol bench (not a machine Ransom rest but better than my shaky, flinch-infested hands could do on thier own). Put the target to the back of the range, probably 15 yards or so, and put a nice cluster together with one flyer about .5 from others. The others almost all touched! Not bad. Repeated twice with very similar results. Then quit while I was ahead.

Moved target into combat range. Put another 200 rounds on top of the previous 200 rounds with no malfunctions at all. Thats 400 rounds, with no cleaning, and it was not cleaned before I bought it from the other person!

Overall, pretty darn happy (understatment)! Hey Dave Williams, if you're still out there, NICE JOB!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hoser, how long is the wait for one? I heard they no longer use the fbi serial numbers and call it the "Proffesional" is that true? Either way, I hope to get one some day...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's no more "Bureau" models. They stopped at 268 with about 50 going to the public (according to Dave Williams at SA). I just got lucky coming across this one locally in LA area!

·
Banned
5,947 Posts
hoser...
What a great find! That's a keeper!
SamColtFan

------------------
"An ultimate goal of the United States is a world which is free from the ... dangers and burdens of armaments;" 22 USCS SEC. 2551

1 - 12 of 12 Posts