1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first SA 1911-A1 today. It is a loaded model with rosewood grips and Novak Nite Sites. I can't wait to shoot it. I paid $650 for it before tax. What do you think? Did I get a fair deal or did I get hosed. I traded a Para Ord P12 and a little cash for it. I didn't like the P12, it was kinda fussy. I got the SA because of my great experience with my SA XD-40. The loaded had all the features I wanted, especially the ambi safety, Im a lefty and its a must have for me. Any way I just wanted to see how I did and check out the forum. It looks great and seems like its really active with plenty of good info.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My Bi-Tone was $650, and it is a bit more expensive than a parkerized or stainless full-size. If that $650 is the TOTAL you paid, then you didn't do badly. If you swapped the Para and paid $650, you got hosed.

But have fun with it- they are nice guns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid $400 for the Para and traded it for $400. I then payed $250 cash and walked out with the SA. The Para was not for me. It was a bad fit for my hand. It was problematic with several brands of ammo. I was happy to be rid of it and get something with all the features I wanted. I should have got a full size 1911 the first time rather than a compact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Picked-up my first one also, today. Ran across a LEO that is getting rid of some extra stuff and he had an extra basic blued model (45 acp) with night-sights. Blueing, very good, with a little holster-wear here and there, but a real clean piece. $ 350 out the door! , with several 100 cases and 500 lead 200 gr. swc bullets. Sorry, that's all he's letting go right now. I'm looking forward to a day at the range with this very nice piece ;).

Kodiakk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts