1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This took about six weeks. It's a CQB with rail and G10 starburst grips. It is like no other handgun i've ever held or pulled the trigger on. All the shiny spots are oil. I also was thinking of adding an ambi thumb safety and speed chute. Is the speed chute easier to install on this because its a wilson part on a wilson gun? Am I better off just sending back to wilson for gunsmithing?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Very nice piece you got there! I would say back to wilson for the add-ons, to ensure the job is done properly and finish match. It should treat you well. Lets see some swiss cheese targets...:biglaugh:

Oh, Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
633 Posts
The speed chutes are filed and contoured to the frame at wilson. It will be oversized when you buy it alone.
Heres an example of a "drop in" Magwell. An Ed Brown in this case.

And heres a Wilson installed speed chute. Huge difference. Almost all the surface area is beveled into the frame.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
You'll shoot your eye out!

Sorry, just watched "A Christmas story".

Nice blaster you got there.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Nice pistol!

Wilson makes a fantastic gun.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Congrats on a great lookin' CQB.

I ordered mine with an ambi. Definitely let Wilson install your speed chute and your ambi.

Let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to have the speed chute and ambi thumb safety added during the build, but California guns can't have any modifications. I'm happy that I was able to get the naked slide though.. ; )

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice pistol, congrats. I would suggest you shoot about >

300-500 rounds before you send it back. All of my Wilsons have had to go back for one reason or another to be fixed right after getting them so why not shoot it, find out if there are any "problems" with your pistol and than send it back for everything to be taken care of with just one trip?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have a beauty of a CQB that came with a Rail, Speed Chute, and Ambi-safety. Since Wilson did the build, the chute is contoured to perfectly match the frame and the chute and safety are the same color as the rest of the frame.

Aren't these pistols great?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts