1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sexy is the only way to describe this one. The slim buckeye burl grips from Sarge just add to it. It's finished in T-11 Yukon with black accent parts. Bob, you're the man.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Nice 9Bob by Fusion. :rock: Are you seein this Dan Wesson? :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yea Charger, if DW doesn't come through with one, I will order a Fusion 9 bob in 2010 !

·
Registered
123 Posts
One question..Who gives a rats butt if DW does one or not when you can get it from Bob they exact way you want it now?? Not trying to knock DW they have some nice guns. I own a DW PM7 but I wish I would have ordered a Fusion so I wouldn't have had to spend more money to get my PM7 the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
1 reason. MONEY. I love everything about my DW CBOB and it was about $1000 cheaper than my quote for a 9mm Fusion build. I have a 9mm Pro Carry with close to $1000 worth of extras done to it already . I just want a true Commander size 9mm Bob. If DW comes out with one,
I'll save a bunch if not, I'll get the Fusion. Either way I win !!:rock:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
1 reason. MONEY. I love everything about my DW CBOB and it was about $1000 cheaper than my quote for a 9mm Fusion build. I have a 9mm Pro Carry with close to $1000 worth of extras done to it already . I just want a true Commander size 9mm Bob. If DW comes out with one,
I'll save a bunch if not, I'll get the Fusion. Either way I win !!:rock:
It's a semi-custom gun, so naturally it will be more money than an off the shelf production gun. $1K more, must have loaded it up pretty good, because I know what my CCO build is going to cost and it was only $300 more than a DW CCO and has everything I wanted that a DW does not offer.

Bottom line, you can have it their way with a DW or your way with a Fusion.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I'm sorry that I added the Dan Wesson part to my post. I Have been hoping for Dan Wesson to build a 9mm commander as a production gun (lots of people love them PRODUCTION guns) for awhile now and when I saw that Great Fusion, It looks just like what my dreams of Dans version would be. I in no way would ever BASH any fine peace of art that Fusion produces. I just have the hots for a Dan Wesson built one. :) Its all good. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm not bashing Fusion either. They are a bargain in a semi custom gun. My CBOB was a tad over $900 . My Fusion quote was not very loaded up at all. No top serrations of anything fancy. Basically the same as a DW CBOB, but with Ion Bond per Bob Serva's suggestion and in 9mm which is an up charge from .45 acp. Like I said I am buying one or the other in 2010 and I will be equally happey with wichever one it is though my bank account would prefer the DW.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Proudpapa,
Congrats on your new Fusion. +1 and over the top on the sex appeal charts......amazing grips to say the least.....will you be holstering this Fusion? If so, please let us know what your experience is with the Yukon T-11.....everytime I see this finish I'm wondering why I always buy stainless Fusions.
Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm not bashing Fusion either. They are a bargain in a semi custom gun. My CBOB was a tad over $900 . My Fusion quote was not very loaded up at all. No top serrations of anything fancy. Basically the same as a DW CBOB, but with Ion Bond per Bob Serva's suggestion and in 9mm which is an up charge from .45 acp. Like I said I am buying one or the other in 2010 and I will be equally happey with wichever one it is though my bank account would prefer the DW.
You will find the 9mm is generally more expensive then it counterpart in .45 ACP. That is the same with most manufacturers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Proudpapa,
Congrats on your new Fusion. +1 and over the top on the sex appeal charts......amazing grips to say the least.....will you be holstering this Fusion? If so, please let us know what your experience is with the Yukon T-11.....everytime I see this finish I'm wondering why I always buy stainless Fusions.
Enjoy and be safe!
I do plan on putting it in a holster, most likely during the summer when it would potentially be harder to conceal the grip on a government frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also ordered a Fusion 9mm CBob very similar to yours but black with stainless accent parts. Let us know how yours shoots. I ordered mine in april and would really like to get it by Christmas as my present to myself.

As for other companies, I really believe that there is a market for exactly this type of firearm in a mass production level. But, I also don't know what kind of things may be affecting their business decisions, these kinds of things can get really complicated in a hurry.

Again, Congrats on your Fusion,
Rob

1*

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You will find the 9mm is generally more expensive then it counterpart in .45 ACP. That is the same with most manufacturers.
I think it might be due to a couple of factors. One being that from what I've seen ramped barrels are generally more costly than traditional barrels and the companies that build guns have to recoup the costs somehow. Two, there is additional machine work involved in adapting the frame to accept the ramped barrel, which again the gun companies have to recoup the costs to themselves somehow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts