1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question is going to initate a few laughs, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to install the black nylon sling that came with my Bushmaster AR-15. Since I bought the rifle about 2 months ago, from time to time I would get it out and try to install the sling, but I hopelessly cannot figure it out. I don't even know how to begin. Frustrated, I would put the sling up until the next time I felt like trying it. This is embarrasing to ask, but I am not going to figure it out on my own. Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
953 Posts
For what it is worth toss the sling and grab a CQB Solutions SOP sling from somewhere like lightfighter .

Now if you want to install the sling start by putting the buckles six inches in from both ends. The sling should be laced so it is under both edges of the buckle and over the middle bar.

Clear your weapon and ensure an empty chamber. Take one end and from the muzzle insert the end of the sling into the swivel so it is facing the butt of the weapon. Pull a little slack into the sling at the center of the buckle and pull the end through, under the edge, over the bar in the middle, and under the opposite edge. Pull tight.

Repeat for the butt stock swivel and adjust to your liking.

When using this sling don't run the buckle up against the swivels, as it tends to bind and mar the finish.

·
Registered
94 Posts
HA HA HA

What a dummy!!! ha ha! Ha...uh...uh...hmm...

Hell if I know...

I had a similar problem with a Robinson. It all came down to 'bigger hammer' if you know what I mean. It had to be forced.

This is the last place you need to worry about your questions. The crew in here is always happy to pass on info.

Now, if you'd asked which way the rounds go in the magazine...

HA HA HA!!!

Just kidding...!

:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree - toss it. I would recommend the standard military issue with the hook on one end and the "belt buckle" type thingy on the other end. Even I could figure that one out and comes off much faster when you need it off.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
First off, is it the typical "silent sling", with a simple 1-1 1/2" nylon strap plus two "3 strand" buckles?

Or is it one 'o them fancy-shmancy "tactical" slings with sliders and multiple strap segments?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts