1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 1st 1911 (PT1911) just before Christmas. Went home, field stripped it to look and clean. Found some surface rust under right side grip. Went to range and fired 32 rounds, (4 magazines). Accuracy was not good. Went home, cleaned gun again and found while cleaning that the front sight was nearly off the slide. Eyeballed it in the center and tightened it down good. Next time at the range fires 52 rounds. Accuracy is much improved, (I am now the limiting factor). No other problems so far. Enjoy firing this much more that the Glocks (G21 & G23) that I also have. Just may be I will look for a commander size and try concealed carry with it instead of the G23.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
well i see im not the only person in the world to buy the pt1911 for a first 1911.i also bought mine new just before christmas however after over 200 rounds it has functioned flawlessly and is deadly accurite.i have no comlpaints what soever. i think i might change the hammer and get rid of that funky safty lock they put on that i have no want or need for and maybe put ajustable sights on if i can find some i like and probably see about a trigger job just because im picky about my triggers and to make it mine.also i have only shot 230 grain hardball from american eagle and winchester and speer 230 grain gold dots and all worked perfectly. the magazines function great and i bought another one i dont remember the brand and it fits and works well. by the way i dont like winchesters they are alot louder than the american eagles but they shoot good.also no body is paying to brag on this pistol i am just vary impressed with it but if and when i have a failyer of any kind i wil let you all know.for the money i dont think a guy can go wrong.good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I too have a Taurus 1911A1. I like to try new brands as they come out. I have a Norinco with over 100k rounds thats been a dream pistol. I have a Rock Island Arms thats taking the Norinco's place. These two pistols are great for target and casual plinking, you know, fun shooting.

My evaluation of my Taurus? It's had 700 rounds through it with no problems at all. I use nothing but Wilson and McCormick magazines and CCI Brass 230 gr FMJ target and PMC Starfire 230JHP for self defense. While my Taurus, at 31ft shoots an average 2.25" grouping free hand, it seems to have a different "feel" to it than my other 36 1911a1's. It feels lighter somehow, similar to the RIA feel, so, while I'll add the Taurus to my fun shooters list, I don't plan to CCW it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ammo

Most of the ammo I have run thru my PT1911 has been a mixture of home loads of 230 gr rnd nose and JHP, using alliant bullseye @ 5.0 gr. These are what I have used in the G21 and now the PT1911.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts