1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today I pick up my 1918 model and I just love this model, ONLY one bad thing is the right side grips has a hair line crack in it, ANY One have the e-mail address of customer service at colt,

but now for the rest of the story, the finish is just wonderful, but I think I like the Carbonia. type of finish better than this black/ blue. now the marking on this firearm are just great, they are no raised at all,

the fitting of the slide and frame is very tight . over all I think that this is the finest firearms I have ever own. and I HAVE own a ton of gun!!!!

also one of the coolest thing is the serial number it is the date that I got out of the Army 11/83

·
Administrator
73,831 Posts
Today I spied an earlier WMK-marked 01911 at a gun shop. Funny thing was, I thought it was one of the new "black" models, because the finish was definitely black, with no hint of blue. Apparently they were having trouble even getting the color right on the carbonia models. The thumb and grip safeties were both a plum color as well.

Oh well. Aside from the finish issues it was put together nicely.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well today I pick up my 1918 model and I just love this model, ONLY one bad thing is the right side grips has a hair line crack in it, ANY One have the e-mail address of customer service at colt,

but now for the rest of the story, the finish is just wonderful, but I think I like the Carbonia. type of finish better than this black/ blue. now the marking on this firearm are just great, they are no raised at all,

the fitting of the slide and frame is very tight . over all I think that this is the finest firearms I have ever own. and I HAVE own a ton of gun!!!!

also one of the coolest thing is the serial number it is the date that I got out of the Army 11/83
PICS!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would call them Tel: 1-800-962-COLT
thank you,, but here is my thinking, the grips are so lite in (wt) not color, and they look and feel like Balsa wood!!!

THE NEW MODEL 1918 is great!!!! but I think colt did this to help they bottom line on made them ,,

and if COLT REP are see this please put some good armerican walnut on them...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Colt uses several vendors to get the grips for these guns. I've seen about 30 Repros so far and the grips vary greatly between them, probably not only in color but in weight too. You might ask Colt Customer Service for a relpacement set and be entirely satisfied with them. I have 2 Repros and have had the grips off the guns for cleaning, and the weight seemed normal and typical to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts