1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom, her boyfriend, and my brother and his family came down from Ohio for Thanksgiving. we all had a blast. we went to the range today to waste some ammo. I get home and she pulls out this really nice blown plastic blue box and hands it to me and says, Merry Christmas. I stopped dead in my tracks............she bought herself a SA govt. model 1911 a year ago and shot 25 rounds thru it. I open the box and sure enough its in the box.
I look at her and she says to me, "I love you son" I was and still am speechless. It is in 100% perfect condition. It appears unfired and has every piece of paperwork with it. now I have 3 1911's

Moms really now what makes their kids happy...........

Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have yet to shoot it :)

Gary

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
My first thought was the same as Ed_n_Kentucky. He and I are brothers Ed was sent to Kentucky and I was sent to Texas. We talk about you and mom often. Wow Just like Unsolved Mysteries. So I guess by now your not falling for this story. Sorry Ed I tried. That certainly was nice of your mom. You must have been a good kid. All my mom gave me is a ride to the bus station. :grumble:

I've got a Girlfriend that Loves me too. Two weeks ago I had one Colt NRM two weeks later I've got one Blued and One Stainless WW II springfields. I still can't believe it. I hate to sound shallow But aint Love Grand.

Now if you don't buy your mom flowers frequently you are a cad. Hope you have fun with you Springfield.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My wife, when she was my girlfriend, bought me a Kimber Elite Carry (similar to the CDP) for our first Christmas together. For my birthday last July she talked my parents and her parents into chipping in with her to buy me a Browning A-Bolt Medallion. She is a very wonderful woman and how I got so lucky I'll never know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts