1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this beauty up yesterday. Traded off a Kimber Pro CDP II and a SIG P220 Carry SAO along with a little sweat equity for it. :)

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Sweet. Is that the LTW frame? What holster is pictured with it? Tracy

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nice looking Professional there. You will not miss your CDPII much.. or that other one you mentioned. I sold a CDPII on an upgrade to a Wilson carry piece myself, and haven't looked back.
Those ETM's have run great for me at the range. You might want to pick up a flush fitting magazine for carry however, as the ETM's are a bit bulky at the base. The ETM's are great for back-up's and range work.
Let us know how she shoots for you!
Congrats~

·
Registered
415 Posts
Excellent looking for sure and one awesome carry gun .

·
Premium Member
20,404 Posts
Please don't park that pretty piece in a hunk of plastic!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tsp45acp said:
What holster is pictured with it? Tracy
Thanks. The holster is a Comp-Tac "MTAC" kydex/leather hybrid. I used to swear by their CTAC holster but the MTAC has won my heart. Easily one of the most comfortable carry rigs I've ever owned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
usmcmp said:
Nice pistol, don't forget to let us know how it shoots.
I'm going to take her out today and put a few hundred down the pipe at the local indoor range. Will definitely report back.

moyler said:
Those ETM's have run great for me at the range. You might want to pick up a flush fitting magazine for carry however, as the ETM's are a bit bulky at the base. The ETM's are great for back-up's and range work.
I have a few Chip McCormick mags here from years past and will likely keep one of them in the gun for CC purposes. I've got a slew of Wilson 47D and about a dozen ETM mags though so I'm sure they will see fair time in the piece as well.

As soon as things settle down I'm going to look at a Gov't length CQB for shooting USPSA Single Stack with. That will have to wait until after the first of the year; maybe around tax return time.

Oddly, the ETMs really don't cause the bobtail to print appreciably more beneath a t-shirt. They have a slight forward cut to the rear of the baseplate that sort of helps that.

AZ Husker said:
Please don't park that pretty piece in a hunk of plastic!
It's part plastic, mostly leather. ;) But I am checking on either a VM2 or a Brigade M-11 CCH for her. I agree that there's something a little sacrilegious about carrying a quality 1911 in kydex, but this MTAC holster is just sooooo thin and comfortable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fringe said:
Is this all steel?
Sweet piece.
Yes, all steel. The small increase in weight is worth the additional peace of mind in my opinion. :)

I ordered a pair of their G10 black and grey grips today, so I'll post some photos once those arrive and I install them.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cool. I am still trying to decide how I want to build out my Professional.
You will like the G-10. I have the same for my CQB Elite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts