1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently picked up my first Colt -

I've already been to the range a couple times and have put about 200 rounds through it, and it shoots great. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and thank you for the wealth of information on this forum :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just recently picked up my first Colt -

I've already been to the range a couple times and have put about 200 rounds through it, and it shoots great. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and thank you for the wealth of information on this forum :D

Looks like you are starting out properly. Nice looking Colt!

Welcome to the forums, and Welcome to the Colt owners club. It's a lifetime membership, 'cause once you ride the Pony, nothing else will do.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations on a nice lookin' Colt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it is referred to as a 1991, the model # is 01091 which is just the stainless version of a 1991.

In general conversation, does everyone refer to their's as a 1911, regardless if it is a different model number but basically the same gun?

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
No question.

No question its a 1911 and a smokin' one at that. I was asking b/c I am looking for a stainless Gold Cup but its getting very hard to find in my neck of the wooks.
I'm giving your model and the special combat Government model a hard look if a GC doesn't turn up on a shelf or warehouse soon.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Good looking gun. And I just think the non-ambi thumb safeties make them look better.
Welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yes, the slide is rounded on top.

First trip to the range I ran through a couple 50pk boxes of Remington FMJ, this is pretty much my first time shooting a pistol (or owning one!) so I was more thrilled just shooting the target than shooting for accuracy for the first few shots, after a bit of focusing and getting a feel for the gun I punching holes mostly in the center from i'm estimating about 25yds (no distance markings, didn't realize this is pretty far). Had one round miss-feed.

The second range I went to had yard markings, so I was shooting from about 15 or so. A friend donated a 100rd box of winchester FMJs (WWB?) that looked like they had been sitting for a while, had some discoloration on the brass. Every so often the slide would catch open and leave one round in the mag (not jammed). Probably happened about every other magazine I loaded. I didn't have any other ammo with me so this old stuff might have been the culprit, I found a thread that covers this issue so i'm reading that too.

I found out the hard way that I should check the fit on different mags before buying them, picked up a wilson 7rd mag that appears to be shorter than the colt mags I have already. That mag wouldn't feed at all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts