1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I've been frequently browsing this sight, but have never posted a thread. I have learned quite a bit just by reading all of the threads over the last year. I'm a Colt fanatic and up to last weekend have only owned Colt Revolvers, but I finally went and bought a new Special Combat Govt. I'll attach a couple of pics, as long as I can figure out how.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Welcome to the forum, even if you have been lurking for awhile. :) I guess you know we like pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture of my Colt

Here is a picture of my New Colt Special Combat, as long as my computer functions properly, it is getting old, I need a new one, but the Colts come first.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,951 Posts
Thant's one nice looking Colt! That will be something you'll be able to pass down through the family (it will last a very long time).

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another Colt picture

Here is a picture of the right side of my Colt SCG. It is almost too nice to shoot, What am I thinking? I just have to shoot it. I'm going to try and take it out this weekend for its maiden voyage to the shooting range, depending on the weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Say, could you please tell me how you took that gorgeously crisp photo and have it come out so nice? I want to do that with my stainless Delta Elite but my digital pics don't come out half as good as yours. And I have a very nice Canon S30 to work with ( no slouch there!!). Maybe what settings you were using, type camera, etc? Thanks!

·
Banned
4,135 Posts
tfstingray... you've got one of Colt's finest there! Beautiful 1911. Great reliability, great accuracy, great beauty, great history. With a Pony on it! What more could a Colt lover want? That's truly a classy, fine pistol.

Oh... and welcome!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Oh man, great gun there! You picked a good one for your first Colt 1911! Those Special Combats sure are purdy, and shoot really well too! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pictures I posted were taken with a Nikon 4004s 35 mm camera with a 35-70 nikkor lens and a uv filter screwed onto the end of the lens. As for the the lens settings, I let the autofocus do the work. When I had the pictures developed, I had the local camera store digitize the pictures onto a cd. I'll probably never get a digital camera, due to having a couple grand wrapped up in my Nikon. And for your viewing pleasure i have added another picture. Thanks on all of the comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nice pistol, nice picture but 80% of the picture is wasted white space. Try filling the frame with the subject. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
jpg Attachment

kwill or someone, I'd love to show a picture of my new Gunsite, but I haven't a clue how to attach it to anything but an e-mail. Help!

HiCap

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
When posting a reply, click on the "Browse" button. Then you can search for the pic you want, and double click on it to attach it to your post/thread. It's possible you may need to resize it first, so it will fit in the post.

Hope this helps,
Brian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts