1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's our anniversary today, and my husband dave5339 gave me a wonderful gift! A custom knife, to go along with my carry Kimber! Well, I won't actually be carrying this particular knife (could't afford to lose it!), but I would if I could!

Loveless-style drop point hunter with flat grinds.
Damasteel blade, Infinity pattern.
Heat treatement: Paul Bos, 60.5 Rockwell.
Bolsters: 416 stainless steel.
Handle: Eskimo artifact whale jawbone with mosaic pins.
Maker: James E. Drouillard II
Produced: December 2003, Texas.
http://www.geocities.com/dd5339/index.html

My husband received a new Rafter S carry belt in black sharkskin, and I also got a R-S mag carrier in black sharkskin. I love my husband! He's the BEST!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,363 Posts
Beautiful blade, Vicky! It'll look great covered with blood & hair next hunting season. :D

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Happy anniversary, Vicky! Great looking gift you got. I agree, it's too cool looking to use it. :) Say hi to Dave.
- Alex.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What's the point of having them if you're not going to use 'em. I have a few knives that are of pretty high value and I use all of them. Two in particular, a very early Microtech SOCOM and a VERY early Keeting Chinook, are my daily carry, do everything knife and my skinning knife respectively. Granted they are not really lookers anymore (unlike that one of yours, WOW BEEUUTEEFUL), though they still look good, they have served me well.

Go ahead and carry it. The only thing more satisfying than looking at a great knife is using it. That's just my opinion. No offense intended.

Congrats on your anniversary! May you have many more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts