1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
608 Posts
Geez, pointing a loaded, by appearance, weapon with the safety off at poor Gumby! Shame!!!! Gumby lives matter too! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Now that's FUNNY. Now to get on the lookout for my CQBP as my next Colt !

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sadly the Cerakote finish is not tough as I thought. Every time time I take it to the range, I see another nick on the pistol somewhere, this is with me being careful not to eject brass on it or put it on metal surfaces. Oh well, maybe down the line I'll have it re-cerakoted.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Sadly the Cerakote finish is not tough as I thought. Every time time I take it to the range, I see another nick on the pistol somewhere, this is with me being careful not to eject brass on it or put it on metal surfaces. Oh well, maybe down the line I'll have it re-cerakoted.
Colt should have made that gun out of carbon steel and parkerized it, like a proper military weapon should be. And the grip color is not acceptable either.
A parkerized finish and some proper VZ grips would make that one badass pistol.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Colt should have made that gun out of carbon steel and parkerized it, like a proper military weapon should be. And the grip color is not acceptable either.

I don't think Colt had a say in the matter. I think it's what the Marines called for in the contract.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Colt should have made that gun out of carbon steel and parkerized it, like a proper military weapon should be. And the grip color is not acceptable either. A parkerized finish and some proper VZ grips would make that one badass pistol.

·
Banned
3,845 Posts

Cokes are no longer a nickel either:eek:. The Prime required the finish and the base material of the weapon.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

Agreed. That Cerakote and other finishes of that type are not for a military weapon in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts