1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this 1911 mod 1914 today. After 2yrs of bargining I was able to purchase it. All the numbers match including the barrel. I was a little nervous because I had never even seen one for real. The more I research it the more I think it is original except the mag. which is a WW2. What would the original mag be? Two tone with a laynard? The ser no is 1208. When would it have been made? And Just out of curiosity What is a fair value for my 1911 Not that I will sell, I just want to know if I got took! Thanks Truman

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Grips appear not to be original.... nice looking early M/1914 though. Early Kongsberg mags were two tone lanyard loop which make them similar to Colt, but the trained eye can tell the difference by the base plate being not quite as finished as normal Colt production, and the lanyard loop will probably have more of a 'V' shape... than 'U'.

Original grips were made of white ash that typicaly had a dark, almost black finish..... usually they are pretty easy to spot as the very light wood shows thru the finish on the worn spots very easily. The grips pictured look to be walnut Colt that have been modified for the slide stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts