1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dam I love this .45. Isn't she sweet. Colt out did themselves on this one. Fit and Finish is great.(you can even see the dust from my scan) Thinking about changing the trigger to a short one and adding Colt medallion grips. What do ya Think?

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My New NRM

No, It's not SamColts .45, Its mine, all mine!:D :biglaugh: :p

·
Registered
712 Posts
YOU DID IT!!

Your pic finally pushed me over the edge. As I type this I am putting down my deposit on a NRM full size 1991. USP, no thanks after all. At least it's the same store so the same time I'm going to get my deposit back I can pay off the balance on the Colt. :D My first Colt.

·
Administrator
73,785 Posts
That's a real nice looking one. Amazing how this is still the same gun we were all chastising a few years ago, with the matte finish and assinine-looking rollmarks! Just goes to show, little details do matter.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Dana,

From my personal examples, much more than just the finish and roll markings have positively changed from the Colt 1991s of five years ago.

The machining is better, the fit is better, the overall QC is much better. Its apparent that somebody cares about the pistols they are making again.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
MADman,

I simply cannot get enough of looking at that fine pistol.

I think I have all but convinced myself to buy a Stainless Colt New S70 and send it to Ted for similar treatment.

WJR

·
Registered
674 Posts
Every time I start thinking about giving another type of gun a try (even tupperware) somebody starts up one of these "simple elegance" threads and breaks my train of thought.

It's very disruptive.

Please keep it up! :D

·
Administrator
73,785 Posts
MADman, is that a new Series 70 or one of the originals?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have the EXACT same gun, I bought mine about 2 weeks ago. The deciding factor for me was looks, it simply looked a lot better than the Springer Mil-Spec.
I love mine and intend on keeping it as stock looking as possible.

Nala

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dana,

That's a NRM series 70 I picked up in January 2003. I shot 8 rounds thru it after I purchased it, and decided that I didn't like the sights, trigger, and failures to feed. So off to Ted it went, and the results are in the photo.

I have a 1971 series 70 that will be slightly modified to make it something I will carry. My big FAT hands don't like the original style hammer and grip safety. It will be more of a retro look than anything else.

--Mark

·
Registered
54 Posts
MADman:

Excellent pic!! What kind of sights are those? I was looking for a low mount type sight that doesn't require a lot of extra machining, if any, to install and that looks like it might fit my wishes! Please, do tell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What does NRM stand for? There is no mention of complete words with NRM or NRA abreviations. On Colts web sight on the 1991. Are some creating titles then it becomes so spoken it then becomes abreviated here?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks alot SamColtFan very quick response. So the o1991 is the old version rollmark. Wow these are really beautiful guns for a good price. I'm so glad Colts are considered well made again. I will be buying one of the new ones when I got the money no doubt. Finish, workmanship, customer suggestion Colt can do no better then to build em great to sell em.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I put a short STI trigger in my stainless 1991A1 as well as a flat checkered MSH by S&A. Big improvement, nearing perfection. I do recommend these minor modifications. Beautiful piece you've got!:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
SGT45:

I was just able to check out your pic. That made me have to reach behind my right hip and check and see if mine was still there! How does yours shoot? Also, to anyone else, can you identify MADman's sights? Are those Novaks?

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
richard3524 said:
Thanks alot SamColtFan very quick response. So the o1991 is the old version rollmark. Wow these are really beautiful guns for a good price. I'm so glad Colts are considered well made again. I will be buying one of the new ones when I got the money no doubt. Finish, workmanship, customer suggestion Colt can do no better then to build em great to sell em.
Both old and new rollmarked models are listed as Model 01991.....to distinguish the old from the new..... ORM vs NRM.
Regards,
Sam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts