1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the 1911 Forum, but am an avid military collector and absolutely love this forum. I found me a Remington Rand for just over $1000.00 with serial number No 935748 which I believe makes it a 1942 or 43. It has a bomb under the No, has FK under the Y in United States Property and RIA under the 1911 A1 US ARMY, an L behind the checkered grip, FJA on the other side in front of the grip and a P by the safety, also a P on top of the slide. The barrel is clean and has an HS making it a high standard barrel. The slide stop is serrated and the thumb safety is checked. The guy who had it says the only thing that isn't Remington is the trigger which looks to be a Colt, he assumed it was added when it was rebuilt at Rock Island Arsenal. The slide is very tight on the frame. The grips have a K star and numbers 13 and 22.

Do you think it was rebuilt at Rock Island or could it have been inspected? Any idea on the month and year of manufacture? Also would it be considered a type II or type III? Is the finish considered Dulite or parked?

Thanks for all of the information, this forum is the best!

Scott

Attachments

·
Administrator
73,034 Posts
Unfortunately it's a mixmaster with a Type III slide on an earlier receiver, but for the price you paid it is still a very nice pistol. Given the arsenal rebuild marks it's basically "correct" as-is, although I wouldn't expect to see a polished blue trigger in a Parkerized weapon. That was likely replaced later.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I agree with dsk. It is as correct as it should be for a rebuild with the probable exception of the trigger.

When the frame was built in early 1943 it was DuLite blue and almost certainly had a Type II slide. It is now parkerized with a type III slide so it was not a pass though with simple inspection. It would have originally had a checkered MSH, slide stop and hammer. More than likely it had early Keyes grips without the ring around the screw. It would have had a blue HS or SP marked barrel.

It looks like a nice rebuilt USGI. Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts